Chapter 18

The next couple weeks, the Hogsmeade trip was finally here. Diana sat in the common room, waiting for her friends to arrive. Harry came down from the boy's dormitories, and walked up to her, his permission slip in hand.

"What's up Harry?" She said, shutting her charms textbook.

"Are you allowed to go to Hogsmeade?" He asked, as he sat down next to her.

"Yeah, I've been going since my third year."

"How did you get your parents to sign it?"

"I told them it was to take an extra class; I never told them it was for Hogsmeade." 

"Why didn't you tell me that?"

"I forgot about it honestly, until the letters arrived. But you already told dad." She shrugged; Harry signed looking at his permission slip.

"I'll sign it for you." Diana said, Harry shook his head.

"I already told Professor McGonagall that the permission slip isn't signed."

"Damn, then I'm not sure." She said, as Harry stood up, looking defeated.

"Sorry Harry. When we go back for summer break, we'll convince them to sign the sheet." Harry nodded, but still didn't look convinced.

"Well tell my mom. She doesn't look twice when signing sheets." Diana said, trying to make him feel better, Harry nodded again before walking out of the common room.

---

The group walked into Zonko's shop, Madlyn scowling as she had wanted to go to the wizard wear shop instead. 

"Look at these," Diana said, picking up a box of nose-biting teacups.

"Do you really want nose biting teacups?"

"I want them for Dudley. He always steals my tea before I finish it." She said, putting the box down.

"But my parents would have my head for hurting their little Dudley kins." 

"Sometimes I forget you have a brother." Madlyn said making Diana laugh, as she moved to the side, letting an elderly women pass. 

"When are they done, I want to go to wizard wear." Diana said, Madlyn shrugged, as the door to Zonko's opened, and Angelina and Alicia walked in. Diana was good friends with Angelina since they were both on the quidditch team. Angelina waved at them, as they walked over.

"Hi guys, I didn't know you guys liked Zonko's." Diana said, 

"We just wanted to see what's new, I've never been in here before." Angelina said, looking around the shop.

"Really? We come here every time we visit. The boys are obsessed with it." Madlyn signed.

"Where are the boys anyway?" Angelina asked, looking around the shop.

"Somewhere, they'll be back soon, we gave them ten minutes to look around the shop before we leave." Madlyn said,

"Where are you guys going after?"

"Probably to wizard wear, and then to get some butterbeer." Diana shrugged,

"Did you want to join us?" Madlyn asked.

"Sure," Alicia said,

"Let's find the boys, I'm tired of waiting." Diana said, as she looked around the shop. 

"I think there by the cashier." Madlyn said, five minutes later the boys came by a bag filled with products. 

---

After wizard wear, where Madlyn bought a pair of socks, that Lee claimed were two ugly to ever be worn out in public, and she claimed she wanted to strangle him with them, they went to the three broomsticks. They found a table in the front of the shop, that could fit all of them.

"I'll get us the drinks." Diana said, as she took off her hat, and coat.

"I'll come help." George said, Diana nodded, as she took off her hat and put it on the table. Diana noticed Alicia elbowing Angelina.

"I'll come help." Angelina said, standing up.

"Oh no we got it." George said, taking his jacket off.

"No, you guys only have two hands each for seven people." She said, the two nodded and walked up to madam Rosemerta.

"Seven butterbeers please, Madam." George grinned at her. She nodded, as they handed over their money. She poured them seven drinks, and they all two, and left one on the tale.

"I'll come back for that one." George said, as they walked to the table, and set the drinks down. He walked back to the bar and grabbed the last drink, before sitting down between Fred and Diana.

"So, Mads the socks-"

"Those socks are going to be a Christmas present for you Lee." Mads said,

"I'd die before wearing those socks." Lee commented, as he sipped on his butterbeer. 

"Do you know when practice is?" Diana asked, Angelina.

"I think it's tomorrow morning." Angelina said,

"Great."

"George, are you coming to practice?" Angelina asked, leaning over Diana.

"Yeah, I'm coming. We've tried to convince Oliver to change the time, but he won't budge." George signed.

"Well, I'm tired of waking up at the crack of dawn." Angelina said, shaking her head, as Diana sipped her drink, causing a foam mustache to appear on her top lip.

"Diana, you've got something," George said, taking a napkin and whipping it for her, making her blush.

"Thank you," She muttered, as Angelina looked between them.

"One day, I want to be quidditch captain and I'll make the timing work for everyone." Angelina said,

"Well, I can't wait for that day then." 

---

"So," Madlyn said, once her and Diana were alone in their dorm rooms back in Hogwarts. Angelina and Alicia had already gone down to dinner.

"Hm?" Diana said, as she dried her hair with a towel.

"Did you not see what happened today?" Madlyn asked, as she put the ugly socks on.

"What happened today?" Diana asked,

"Angelina and George!"

"They were talking about quidditch?" Diana said, setting the towel down and starting to comb her hair.

"No, Angelina likes George." Mads said, standing up.

"She doesn't like George." 

"She does like him."

"Okay, and if she does like him, then it's none of my business." Diana shrugged, Madlyn signed, shaking her head.

"You're so stupid, Diana." She laughed,

"What? Why?" She asked,

"Because obviously, you like George, and he clearly likes you." Madlyn said, Diana signed thinking back to her little moment with George in the forest.

"I have no clue what you're talking about." She muttered; Madlyn signed.

"The second you admit you like him, you'll come crawling back." Madlyn giggled, Diana grabbed a pillow and threw it at Mads head, making them giggle.