Chapter 50

George waited in the common room, but Diana never returned. He grew worried as midnight approached and still nothing.

"George, she's fine. She went to McGonagall's office." Fred said, trying to calm his brother.

"But she said she was going to be right back. And why would she stay until midnight with McGonagall? "George asked, 

"Let's go to sleep, I'm sure she'll be here in the morning. She wouldn't miss watching Harry in the second task." Fred said, George shook his head.

"I'll just stay here until she comes back." Fred shrugged, 

"Suit yourself." He said, before walking to his dorm room. George waited, but eventually his eyes got heavy, and ended up falling asleep on the couch.

"George?" He heard someone say, he opened his eyes seeing Fred.

"Come on, or were going to be late to the task." 

"What?"

"You slept her all night, did Diana ever come back?" He asked, he shook his head.

"No,"

"Okay I'm sure she's at the task, go change."

"But Diana isn't back-"

"But McGonagall is there, you can ask her where Diana is." Fred pointed out, George nodded.

"Yes, I can! That's a great idea!" He said, before running upstairs. He changed before they left to the black lake.

---

"Professor McGonagall!" George shouted, as he spotted her with the judges.

"Yes, Mr. Weasley?" She said, as he rushed up to her.

"Where is Diana? I can't find her anywhere." Professor McGonagall smiled slightly.

"She'll be here soon, Mr. Weasley just wait." McGonagall said, 

"What do you mean?" George asked,

"Just wait and see, now go sit with your friends the tournament is starting soon." Professor McGonagall said, George signed but nodded walking back to his friends.

Soon the tournament started, not before Harry, who almost missed it, joined them. 

---

Soon, George realized exactly where Diana was, in the black to be precious, as he watched Cedric pull out Cho Chang. 

"Where is Harry?" He asked, starting to worry. George rubbed his hands together anxiously, before deciding it would be better to go wait on the dock.

Soon, Krum in half-shark form brought up Hermione, and Fleur Delacour had to forfeit, due to her being attacked. Harry was the last one, and still no sign of him.

George watched the lake before finally three heads popped out. George gasped, seeing Diana coughing and sputtering, as she looked around. He ran over to her.

"Diana!" He shouted, see looked up at him, her eyes stinging slightly from the lake water. He reached over and pulled her out of the water.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

"I'm fine." She said, as Madam Pomfrey brought over a towel and wrapped it around her.

"You were underwater all night?" He asked, horrified.

"Yes, but I was fine-"

"How did you breathe?" 

"We were put under a spell! Everything is fine." She said, as he sat down at the edge of the deck and rubbed her back soothingly, and to try to warm her up.

"Mr. Weasley if you don't mind, I'd like to get Diana checked out." Madam Pomfrey said, Diana went to the aid tent, where Hermione, Krum, Ron, and Harry already were.

"Diana, are you okay?" Harry asked, she nodded.

"Just fine." She said, sitting down before George came walking into the tent.

"Mr. Weasley, you do know the tent if is for everyone that was in the task." Madam Pomfrey said,

"Well, to be fair this task gave me so much stress, I think I have a headache now. I should sit down, right next to Diana and get healed, right away." George lied, making Madam Pomfrey shake her head.

"Fine. I don't get paid enough to care." She said, making the group laugh.

"So did you feel anything down there? Any pain?" He asked, before sitting down on the bed next to her.

"George!"

"I'm just making sure." George said, before pressing their foreheads together. 

"I just didn't want a petrifying situation again." George whispered; she shook her head.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached our decision." Ludo Bagman shouted, drawing the couple's attention.

"Merchieftainess Murcushas told us exactly what happened at the bottom of the lake, and we have thereforedecided to award marks out of fifty for each of the champions, as follows..."

"Fleur Delacour, though she demonstrated excellent use of the Bubble-HeadCharm, was attacked by grindylows as she approached her goal, and failed toretrieve her hostage. We award her twenty-five points." There were some apluse from the stands.

"I deserved zero." Fleur said, shaking her head.

"Cedric Diggory, who also used the Bubble-Head Charm, was first to return withhis hostage, though he returned one minute outside the time limit of an hour." There were enormous cheers from the Hufflepuff side.

"We therefore award him forty-seven points. Viktor Krum used an incomplete form of Transfiguration, which wasnevertheless effective, and was second to return with his hostage. We award himforty points." There was more applause, especially from Karkaroff.

"Harry Potter used gillyweed to great effect," Bagman continued. "He returnedlast, and well outside the time limit of an hour. However, the Merchieftainessinforms us that Mr. Potter was first to reach the hostages, and that the delay in hisreturn was due to his determination to return all hostages to safety, not merely hisown."

"Most of the judges," and here, Bagman gave Karkaroff a very nasty look, "feelthat this shows moral fiber and merits full marks. However, . . . Mr. Potter's scoreis forty-five points."

"The third and final task will take place at dusk on the twenty-fourth of June,"continued Bagman. "The champions will be notified of what is coming preciselyone month beforehand. Thank you all for your support of the champions." Ludo Bagman announced.

"Come on, everyone. We need to get you to dry clothes." Madam Pomfrey shouted.

"I'll see you after," Diana said, George kissed her goodbye, before watching as they walked to the castle.