Chapter 40

After getting the twins faces fixed the group headed down to the great hall, where everyone else was waiting for the goblet to announce the three champions.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision." Dumbledore said, standing up.

"I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" Dumbledore pointed to the door behind the staff table.

"Where they will be receiving their first instructions." He took out his wand, and waved it int he air, all the candles shut off. Every eye in the room was on the goblet, that was now shining even brighter. 

"Any second," Lee whispered, the flames inside the goblet suddenly turned red, and sparks began to fly from it. Then a piece of charred parchment flew out of the goblet, the whole room gasped. Dumbledore caught the parchment and read the name.

The champion for Drumstrang was Viktor Krum, he shook Dumbledore's hand before walking into the back room. Then the goblet grew red again, and another parchment was thrown out of the goblet. Then Dumbledore read the name, Fleur Delacour. A beautiful girl, walked up to Dumbledore, grinning broadly, before going to the back room.

And then the room became even quieter, if that was possible, Diana thought, as they watched the goblet turn red, and spit the last piece of parchment out.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore said, Cedric smiling broadly stood up, and walked over to Dumbledore, as the room clapped louder for Cedric than any other Champion.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called, as Cedric disappeared into the back room.

"Well, wenow have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, includingthe remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give yourchampions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your championon, you will contribute in a very real --" But Dumbledore stopped speaking, everyone glanced at the goblet seeing it turning red again. It spit out another parchment, and Dumbledore grabbed it visibly confused. 

There was a long pause before Dumbledore, read.

"Harry Potter." Every head turned to look at Harry, who stared at Dumbledore confused. 

"Harry," Diana whispered, as Harry turned to look at her, Ron, and Hermione.

"I didn't put my name in. You know I didn't." He said, but the three of them just stared at Harry.

"Harry Potter! Harry! Up here, if you please!" 

"Go on," Hermione whispered, pushing him slightly to get to his feet. Harry stood up, and walked over to Dumbledore, he took the parchment out of Dumbledore's hand. They saw Dumbledore say something, and then point to the door. Harry walked through the door and shut the door behind him with a loud bang.

"Well...um...like I have said before we have selected our three champions. And the tournament will start in a couple of weeks. You are all dismissed." Dumbledore said, curtly. They watched as all the professors stood up and rushed through the back door.

"Knew we'd get a Gryffindor champion!" Fred called, pleased, some of the Hufflepuffs threw him a dirty look.

"You think they'll let only one champion?" Lee asked,

"Well, if it's between Harry and Diggory, they'll obviously pick Harry." George said,

"How come?" Madlyn asked,

"Oh, come on! Harry Potter versus some sixth year? Harry Potter beat the killing curse at barley a year old!" George said, the others shrugged.

"Well, we better have a party! Let's get some food from the kitchen." George said,

"All right, we'll get the butterbeers." Lee said,

"How are you going to get butterbeer you don't-"

"I don't tell anyone my secrets Weasley." Lee said, making the others laugh. Fred, George, and Diana went down to the kitchen, but Diana wasn't really in a celebratory mood. She wanted to know how Harry had entered, and if he was going to be competing. 

They got down to the kitchen, where Fred tickled the pear, and a wall slid open. They stepped into the kitchen, where the house elf's were already cleaning up from the feast. The house elf's greeted them excitedly.

"Master's Weasley! We are so pleased to have you here! What would you like today?" A house elf said,

"Hi, Tiny. We're having a party in the Gryffindor common room. Do you think you can give us some snacks for it?" George asked, Tiny nodded, before rushing to the back of the kitchen. 

How did he get his name in? Diana thought as George walked up to her and put an arm around her.

"What are you thinking about?"

"How did he get his name in the goblet?" She asked, George shrugged.

"I'm not sure. I do wish he told me how to do it."

"But that's the thing! Harry's smart, but there's no way he could have found a way to trick Dumbledore." She said, George chuckled, as the house elf got back and handed them armfuls of food.

They thanked Tiny before walking back up to the common room, muttering the password, Balderdash. Lee and Madlyn had set up the common room, and music was already playing. They set the food down, and everyone started enjoying the party.

Harry came a little while later, and fought his way upstairs, not in the partying mood. Diana didn't get a chance to speak to him, before he walked up to the boy's dormitory, and disappeared for the rest of the night.