Chapter 13

"Have you heard what happened?" Madlyn asked Diana as they walked down to breakfast.

"No?" Diana said, confused.

"Colin Creevy has been petrified." Madlyn whispered.

"What?" Diana said, so loudly that several people turned to look at her.

"Yeah! I heard some guys talking about it while I was waiting for you in the common room. Apparently, he went to see Harry and he was petrified on the way." Madlyn explained.

"I can't believe it. He was muggle born right?" Diana asked, Madlyn nodded. Diana felt very worried, if Colin could get petrified there was nothing stopping her from getting petrified. Her friends were all half-bloods, and purebloods they didn't understand.

They walked into the great hall; Diana sat next to George who was reading the daily prophet. She signed starting to put food on her plate. George looked over at her, as she pecked at her food.

"What's wrong?" George asked,

"Nothing, just exhausted." She shrugged, giving him a small smile.

"Did you hear Colin's been petrified?" Fred asked the table.

"We were just talking about it." Madlyn told him. Diana stayed quiet looking at her food as the table kept talking about Colin.

---

Diana sat in the library studying for potions class, Snape hated her and with her struggling so much she felt like she would never pass.

"Hi," Diana looked up seeing Michael Koen, a Hufflepuff boy in her herbology class.

"Hi," Diana said, surprised.

"Sorry, I know this is really random, you're just using the potion's book I've been looking for all day." Diana looked down at her potions book.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Diana said,

"No, it's fine, you don't have to close it. I just wanted to ask if you could give it to me when you're done."

"Are you good at potions?" Diana asked,

"It's my favorite subject. Even Snape can't say I'm horrible." Diana laughed,

"Do you mind if I ask you a few questions, I'm struggling, then I can give you the book." Diana said, he shook his head sitting down next to Diana so they could share the textbook.

"Snape hates me, I don't even know why. He hates me just as much as Harry." She signed,

"Harry Potter is your cousin, right?" Michael asked she nodded.

"First cousin, our Mum's are sisters." He nodded.

"So, what do you have questions on?" Michael asked, Diana flipped a few pages back in her textbook, and pointed at a text she had a question on.

---

George walked inside the library, Diana had told him she was going to study, and he decided to join her, plus he didn't like her walking around alone when this monster was petrifying muggle borns.

He looked around finding her in the potions section but not alone, he looked at the boy sitting next to Diana, to close in his opinion.

"Diana," he said, putting his book down on the table. The two looked up from the textbook they were sharing.

"Oh, George! I didn't know you were coming to the library." Diana said,

"Yeah, I thought I would join you." George said, before looking over at the boy.