Chapter 14

Diana felt herself starting to blink, her body felt stiff. She let out a groan as she sat up. She looked around seeing the room filled with people who looked as exhuasted as she did. 

"Ms. Dursley, your finally awake!" Madam Pomfrey said, rushing over to her with a glass of water. She handed it to Diana who didn't realize how dry her mouth felt. She drank the whole cup of water in two gulps.

"What happened? The last thing I remember is going to the bathroom and seeing a large snake." Diana said, as Madam Pomfrey took the glass away.

"You were petrified dear. You've been petrified for at least 5 and 1/2 month."

"What?" Diana shouted; Madam Pomfrey nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

"How long do I have to stay here?" Diana asked,

"You can go to feast tonight."

"So you mean the school year ended?" Madam Pomfrey nodded, feeling horrible for all the students that got petrified. Madam Pomfrey looked at the side seeing another student waking up and rushed over to them.

Diana felt horrible, 5 and 1/2 months of her life she would never get back because of a stupid overly large snake.

---

"Did you hear! Diana's awake!" Lee said, happily running into the Gryffindor common room.

"What!" The group shouted.

"Yeah! I just walked past the hospital wing! I heard tons of voices, so I peaked in and I saw all of them awake! Madam Pomfrey kicked me out, they had just woken up." Lee said, sitting down on the couch. George stood up from the couch wanting to see her.

"George, wait she's not allowed visitors!" Lee shouted, but George ignored him rushing out of the common room and up to the hospital wing.

He pushed the doors opened, so loudly that several people turned to look at him.

"Diana?" He called, looking around the room. He spotted her at one of the last beds. 

"George," She smiled, as he walked up to her.

"Diana I'm so sorry, it's all my fault-" George said, as she grabbed his arm and forced him to sit on the bed with her.

"It's not your fault at all, even if you had come with me, I would have still gotten petirfied and you could have gotten hurt." She said, shaking her head.

"You don't blame me?"

"Not at all." She said, shaking her head. George felt relieved that she didn't blame him, but yet he still blamed himself.

"Anyway, how have these last five months been?" Diana asked,

"Horrible. I hated every minute of it." Diana smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

"What's wrong?" George asked, as Diana felt tears rush to her eyes.

"I don't know why I want to cry." Diana said, as George scooted closer to her.

"Tell me Diana." 

"I'm just so sad I missed so much time. I swear it feels like seven hours ago that I was petrified and now the school year has ended, and I have to go back home, and I don't want to go home, I didn't get anytime to do anything." Diana cried, George cupped her face, whipping her tears away with his thumb.

"I know, Diana. I'm so sorry." He said.

"I promise I'll make sure you have an amazing year next year." George said, she suddenly felt butterflies in her stomach, her face starting to redden as she stared at him.

"Thank you, George." She said, looking down, trying to calm the butterflies.

"Do you want to come spend the summer with me?" Diana shook her head.

"I can't, my parents are probably really angry about last summer." George frowned but nodded.

"Mr. Weasley! There are no visitor's allowed!" Madam Pomfrey shouted; she had been in her office when George arrived.

"I'm sorry, Madam Pomfrey! I didn't know," George lied, standing up.

"You can see her later at the feast." Madam Pomfrey said, shooing him out. George waved goodbye to Diana before he ran out of the hospital wing.

---

The feast had lasted all night, everyone was wearing their pajama's not wanting to go to bed, knowing that the Chamber of Secrets had been destroyed. Harry had ran up to Diana, hugging her so tight, and telling her how much he was sorry and how much he had missed her. 

The next morning, Diana unwillingly packed up her bags and got on the train. Diana found a compartment with Fred, George, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Harry. She sat on the ground next to George, playing a game of exploding snap.

"To bad about Professor Lockhart." Diana said, George rolled his eyes, as he put another card down.

"What do you mean to bad? Haven't you heard he's a fraud?" 

"What?" 

"Yeah, he stole everyone's stories and then oblivated them." Ron explained, looking over at Hermione.

"What?" Diana said, George smriked.

"It seems like he's not so great now?" George asked.

"Yeah-" But Diana didn't have to answer as the cards exploded in her face.

"I win!" George shouted,

"That wasn't fair." Diana shouted, 

"It's the cards, love. Not me." George smriked, Diana's cheeks started reddening again, as she picked up the cards.

"Ginny - what did you see Percy doing, that he didn't want you to tellanyone?" Harry asked, 

"Oh, that. Well - Percy's got a girlfriend." Ginny giggled, Fred dropped a stack of books on George's head.

"OW!" George shouted, covering his head.

"What?" 

"It's that Ravenclaw prefect, Penelope Clearwater. That's who he was writing to all last summer. He's been meeting herall over the school in secret. I walked in on them kissing in an emptyclassroom one day. He was so upset when she was -- you know -attacked. You won't tease him, will you?" Ginny asked, anxiously.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Fred said, but everyone could see idea's already popping into his head.

"Definitely not," George laughed, as the train stopped at the station. Diana noticed Harry giving Ron and Hermione their telephone number.

"Call me, over the summer." She told George.

"Call?" George asked,

"Harry told your dad how to use one, I think he can help you." Diana explained as they grabbed their bags.

"Do I not get to call you, Diana?" Fred teased, 

"Nope." 

"Wow, I'm hurt!" Fred said, putting a hand over his chest.

"I'm just joking, you can both call me." She said, as they walked out the train.