Chapter 11

It was raining the morning of their care of magical creature's class. Diana hid under a tree as their professor Kettleburn showed them the creature they were studying today, salamanders.

"Now, salamanders are orange of course because they adore the fire, they live in fire. I have managed to cool these salamanders enough for you to come and pick them up." Kettleburn said, they were all in a small petting zoo cage, that the students could all go and pick one up from.

"Come on Diana, don't you want to pick one up?" Madlyn asked, she shook her head.

"No, I don't. You go ahead." Diana said, she was scared of the salamander, especially their scaly bodies. 

The classes all surrounded the salamanders, taking them out and petting them. Diana felt chills all over her body when some students walked to close holding them.

"They're pretty warm." George told Madlyn as they petted them.

"They're pretty gross." Diana muttered under her breath.

"Guys look," Fred told the group, he looked around before putting the salamander in his pocket.

"Fred no!" Diana whisper yelled,

"I'm saving him!"

"He's supposed to stay here!" Diana muttered; she didn't want him anywhere near the common room.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine." Fred grinned, rubbing his hands together. After half an hour Kettleburn told everyone to put the salamanders back into the cages.

"Is that all of them?" Kettleburn asked.

"Yes, I think so." Fred said, trying to look innocent, answering for the rest of the class. 

---

Later that night in the common room, Fred brought down the salamander and put it on the table in front of Diana. Diana screamed jumping on the couch.

"You two better get that away from me!" Diana shouted, some people in the common room started chuckling.

"It's just a salamander D." George laughed.

"No, it's gross and creepy." Diana said, as George picked it up, an evil grin on his face.

"George don't!" Diana said, as he slowly walked towards her. She jumped off the couch, trying to put distances between them.

"It's okay, Diana."

"George, I swear I'm going to kill you!" Diana shouted, as George started chasing her with the salamander in hand. She screamed as they ran around and around in the common room.

Diana jumped on the girl's dormitory stairs, knowing if George climbed on the stairs would turn into a slide. 

"Can't get me up here." She smirked; George stared at Diana shaking his head.

"Not unless I throw the salamander at you."

"You can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Animal cruelty!" She shouted.

"Okay, okay, George. I want to see what happens if you feed it Filibuster firework." Even the salamander looked terrified as they set it on the table.

"Are you coming down from there, Diana." George smirked, as people started gathering around the table.

"I think I'll stay up here." Diana said, glaring at George. Percy walked down from the boy's dormitory.

"What are they doing?" Percy shouted.

"Feeding a salamander firework." Diana signed, as Madlyn brought up her homework.

"Are you really going to stay up here?"

"If I have too."

They fed the salamander the fireworks, as Percy started shouting for them to get rid of it. Soon the salamander started coughing up stars in a pretty orange color, just like it's skin. The salamander started running, it fell off the table and dived into the fire.

"Finally!"

"Shut up Diana!" Fred shouted, laughing his head off.

---

After the Halloween feast where Diana explained what trick or treating was to the group, making Fred and George wish they were muggles for the day. The crowd stopped walking suddenly; Diana heard several gasps. They pushed past the students trying to figure out what's going on.

The chamber of secrets has been open...Enemies of the heir beware!

The words they read were written in blood, Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat, was strung up by the tail on the torch light, her eyes wide and staring straight ahead. 

"Enemies of the Heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!" Draco shouted; his shout caused Filch to come running asking what all the noise was about. Then his eyes landed on his cat, he gasped.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" Then his eyes landed on Harry.

"You! You! You've murdered my cat! You'vekilled her! I'll kill you! I'll -" 

"Argus!" Dumbledore shouted, pushing his way past, with the rest of the professors. Dumbledore walked up to the cat and picked her up from torch. 

"Come with me, Argus. You, too, Mr. Potter, Mr.Weasley, Miss Granger." He said, leading them away from the group.

"Everyone please return to your common rooms." Professor McGonagall shouted, before she followed Dumbledore out.