Chapter 24

There was a loud scream.

Diana opened her eyes and sat up from her bed drew her curtains open seeing Angelina, Alicia, and Madlyn had done the same.

"Did you just hear-" 

"A scream?" Alicia asked,

"Yes," 

"Yes, I did." Diana got down from her bed, with the girls following, she opened there bedroom door, and walked downstairs, seeing other girls running down the stairs, and the boys doing the same. 

George, Fred, and Lee walked up to them, wondering what was going on. 

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" Fred asked,

"Everyone back upstairs!" Percy shouted, pinning his head boy badge on his pajamas. Ron, whose face was pale looked aft Percy a little relieved.

"Perce — Sirius Black! In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!" Ron explained, the common room had gone still. Their eyes darting between Ron and Percy, who also looked startled.

"Nonsense! You had too much to eat, Ron — had a nightmare —" Percy tried, Ron shook his head.

"I'm telling you-"

"Now, really, enough's enough!" Professor McGonagall said, appearing out of the portrait hole, slammed it shut, and glared at the students furiously.

"I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!"

"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor! I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare —"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE! PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!" Ron yelled, getting even more frustrated, Professor McGonagall stared at him.

"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?" 

"Ask him! Ask him if he saw —" Ron said, pointing a shaking finger at the portrait of Sir Cadogan, who had replaced the Fat Lady. Professor McGonagall opened the portrait hole again and climbed out.

"Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?" They could hear Professor McGonagall ask.

"Certainly, good lady!" Sir Cadogan said, there was silence on both sides of the common room. 

"You — you did? But — but the password!" She yelled,

"He had 'em! Had the whole week's, my lady! Read 'em off a little piece of paper!" Sir Cadogan explained, Diana grabbed at George's arm, terrified, as Professor McGonagall climbed back into the common room.

"Which person, which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?" She roared, her voice shaking. Neville squeaked before raising his hand.

"Is it always going to be you,Longbottom?" Professor McGonagall signed,

"I'm afraid so, ma'am." Neville said, quietly.

"I must go see Professor Dumbledore. Do not leave the common room, and no one is allowed in. I will be back, shortly." Professor McGonagall said, before she hurried out, her wand in hand. The group raced to the couch near the fireplace before anyone else could, expect for Diana who walked up to Harry, who was with a horrified Ron.

"Harry, Ron," she said, they turned around, not managing a smile.

"Are you guys, okay?" She asked, Harry nodded but Ron still looked pale.

"We'll be fine,"

"You sure? You don't want me to get you anything?" Diana asked, Harry shook his head.

"Thank you, Diana." 

"Did you really see Sirius Black Ron?" Diana asked, Ron nodded.

"He had a knife and everything, was ready to kill me before I woke up." Diana did not want to ask why Sirius Black just didn't kill the five boys in the room, thinking they were all terrified tonight.

"Why did he go to your room though?" She asked, Harry gestured her closer with two fingers, Diana leaned down confused.

"Who knows," Diana looked at Harry not really believing him.

"Harry-"

"We'll talk about this later, you look tired." Harry said, he was right, Diana was having a trouble keeping her eyes open.

"Well-"

"Go sleep Diana, I'm talk to you tomorrow morning." He said, Diana signed before nodding and walking back to her friends.

"I can't believe he got in here." Diana heard Angelina mutter as she sat on George's left on the couch, their friends sitting on the ground near the fire. Diana sat next to George, trying to listen to their friend's conversation.

"At least he can't get into the girl's dorms." Madlyn said,

"What do you mean?" Lee asked,

"The staircase turns into a slide if a boy steps on it." Madlyn explained,

"How do you know?" Lee asked.

"Because I saw it happen once." She explained, as Diana felt her eyes getting heavier. She rested her head on George shoulder, he stiffened up, as he looked down at her sleeping face, feeling his heart start racing before he relaxed and tried to be more comfortable for her.

Angelina glanced at them, but didn't say anything, wishing Diana was still talking to Harry. An hour passed, and Professor McGonagall came back in letting them know that the castle had been searched but Sirius Black had gotten away again. Everyone started going up to their dorm rooms, not feeling the slightest bit better.

"Di, Diana." George said, lightly. Diana opened her eyes, still half asleep.

"Hm?" She groaned,

"It's time to go back upstairs and sleep."

"Oh," Diana said, before George grabbed her hand and lightly pulled her up to her feet. 

"Here, I got this." Madlyn said, taking Diana's hand from George. 

"Goodnight Di," George said, before they walked up to their dorm rooms.