Chapter 51

The day of the third task arrived, Diana had finished her NEWT exams the week before, now all she wanted to do was relax and cheer Harry on.

"Ms. Dursley!" Professor McGonagall called as she walked inside the great hall.

"Yes, Professor?" Diana said,

"Please tell me I'm not going to be stranded in the black lake again?" Diana asked, as McGonagall reached her. McGonagall chuckled lightly, shaking her head.

"No, but since today is the third task, the students get a chance to hang out with their family before the task starts. Your Potter's only living family here, so do you think you can hang out with Potter before the task?" McGonagall asked, Diana nodded.

"Yes! That would be great." She said,

"Perfect, there meeting n the chamber off the hall after breakfast, but you should arrive a little before breakfast ends." She explained.

"Okay, thank you." She said, before walking to the Gryffindor table. She had breakfast with her friends and left ten minutes early to go to the chamber off the hall.

When she walked in, she saw the Diggorys, Delacours, and the Krum's, Diana's eyebrows raised in surprise, as she saw Mrs. Weasley and Bill in the corner of the room. Mrs. Weasley smiled at her, waving Diana over.

"Hi, I didn't know you guys were coming." Diana said, before Mrs. Weasley hugged her.

"We wanted to surprise Harry," Mrs. Weasley exclaimed,

"Oh, that's sweet! McGonagall said I should come too, I think she thought I was the only one coming." Diana explained, as the door opened, and the four champions arrived.

"Suprise!" Mrs. Weasley said, before she kissed Harry on the cheek.

"Thought we'd come and watch you, Harry!" Mrs. Weasley said,

"You all right?" Bill asked, shaking hands with Harry.

"Charlie wanted to come, but he couldn't get time off. He said you were incredible against the Horntail." 

"This is really nice of you." Harry said, as he grinned at Diana.

"I thought for a moment-the Dursley's-"

"Hm," Mrs. Weasley pursed her lips together, she didn't want to say anything about Diana's family in front of Diana. 

"Diana's the only Dursley we need." Mrs. Weasley said, smiling kindly at Diana, who blushed.

"It's great being back here. Haven't seen this place for five years. Is that picture of the mad knight still around? Sir Cadogan?" Bill asked,

"Oh yeah," Diana said,

"And the fat lady?" Bill asked,

"She was here in my time. She gave me such a telling off one night when I got back to the dormitory at four in the morning-" 

"What were you doing out of your dormitory at four in the morning?" Bill asked, looking at his mother with amazement. Mrs. Weasley grinned, shrugging sheepishly.

"Your father and I had been for a nighttime stroll. He got caught by Apollyon Pringle- he was the caretaker in those days- your father's still got the marks." 

"Fancy giving us a tour, you two?" Bill asked Diana and Harry.

"Yeah okay!" Harry said, they started walking towards the door.

"There you are, are you?" Amos Diggory said, looking at Harry up and down.

"Bet you're not feeling quite as full of yourself now Cedrics caught you up on points, are you?" 

"What?" Harry asked confused.

"Ignore him," Cedric said in a low voice to Harry, frowning his head at his father. 

"He's been angry ever since Rita Skeeters article about the Triwizard tournament- you know, when she made out you were the only Hogwarts champion." 

"Didn't bother to correct her, though, did he?" Amos said,

"Still...you'll show him, Ced. Beaten him before, haven't you?" 

"Yeah, the only reason he did was cause Harry fell off his broom, Mr. Diggory." Diana said, glaring at him.

"Rita Skeeter goes out of her way to cause trouble, Amos! I would have thought you'd know that, working at the Ministry!" Mrs. Weasley scowled, Mr. Diggory was about to protest before his wife put her hand on his arm and shook her head.

They spent the rest of the morning showing Bill and Mrs. Weasley around the castle, and then went to lunch.

"Mum-Bill," Ron said, surprised.

"What're you doing here?" He asked, before sitting down.

"Come to watch Harry in the last task! I must say, it makes a lovely change not having to cook. How was your exam?" Mrs. Weasley said, Ron explained how her did before Ron, Geroge, and Ginny walked over.

"What are you guys doing here?" Ginny asked, 

"Come to watch Harry." Bill said, as George sat next to Diana, kissing her cheek in greeting. Mrs. Weasley's eyebrows rose in surprise.

"Are you two dating?" She asked, Diana turned to her boyfriend.

"You didn't tell your mother that were dating?" George chuckled,

"In my defense, I wanted to see her reaction in person." 

"Oh, I knew this was going to happen!" Mrs. Weasley squealed, making them laugh.

"It was very obvious Mum, everyone knew it." Ginny chuckled, making Diana blush. Then in the middle of dinner, Hermione came looking annoyed.

"Hello Hermione." Mrs. Weasley said stiffly.

"Hello," Hermione said, her smile faltered slightly.

"Mrs. Weasley, you didn't believe that rubbish Rita Skeeter wrote in Witch Weekly, did you? Because Hermione is not my girlfriend." Harry asked.

"Oh! No-of course I didn't!" Mrs. Weasley said, blushing.

---

Diana walked down the stands where she spotted Harry, looking at the maze anxiously. 

"Harry," she said, putting a hand on his arm, he turned around, managing a smile.

"Just wanted to wish you good luck." Diana said, as McGonagall told Diana to go back to her seat. Diana threw her arms around him, bringing him in a tight hug that almost knocked the air out of his lungs, before returning back to her seat.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each - Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!" The crowd started cheering, so loud that birds started flying out of the forbidden forest.

"In second place, with eighty points - Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause.

"And in third place-Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beaxbatons Academy!" More applause again.

"So... on my whistle, Harry and Cedric!" Bagman said,

"Three-two-one-" He blew his whistle, and Diana watched nervously as Harry and Cedric walked into the maze. A couple minutes later Bagman blew the whistle again, and Krum walked into the maze, and then one more time for Fleur.