Chapter 17

Hours after classes that first day, Diana sat in the common room with Madlyn already having homework. Diana looked out the window, straight to the forbidden forest, thinking back to defense against the dark arts, where Professor Lupin spent five minutes questioning her about her parents, after reading her name off the class list. 

The twins walked down from there common room with Lee, looking excited.

"There up to something." Madlyn commented, as she twirled her quill between her fingers. 

"Hm," Diana said, looking up from her textbook, just as the twins plus Lee walked over.

"What are you three up too?" Diana asked, noticing what Madlyn meant.

"Hm, nothing much just a little adventure in the forbidden forest." George shrugged, casually.

"Would you two ladies care to join us, or your Prefect self is going to stop us." Fred said, she rolled her eyes.

"I don't know about Diana, but would you like to be reminded on what happened last year?" Madlyn asked, putting her quill down and crossing her arms over her chest glaring at Lee and Fred.

"That wasn't our fault."

"You don't run very fast." Lee and Fred said at the same time, before looking at each other. 

"George grabbed Diana! You two idiots left me!"

"It was Hagrid!" Fred said, looking at her like she had gone mad.

"It could have been worse!" She shouted, slamming her hands on the table, making George and Diana chuckle, and Lee and Fred jump back.

"This time we won't leave you! I swear." Fred said, 

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Fine, let's go."

"What about you miss prefect?" George asked, Diana shrugged.

"Why not, it's not my night for prefect rounds anyway." She said, shutting her textbook.

"Perfect," George said, rubbing his hands together delighted.

---

The group walked onto the Hogwarts grounds, and to the edge of the forbidden forest. 

"Are you guys ready?" Lee asked,

"Yup." Fred said, they slowly entered the forest. 

"Lumos." Diana muttered, after taking out her wand. 

"Guys, you know the murder that's-"

"Don't even-"

"I'm just saying, could he be out here?" George asked, trying to scare the group.

"George that's not funny." Diana said, smacking him on the arm, as the others started taking out their wands.

"Why would Sirius Black be in the forest in Hogwarts of all places?" Lee asked, as he signed his light towards a tree.

"Who knows how a murder thinks." Fred said, as they walked deeper into the forest. Madlyn shinned her light over the trees, her eyes scanning for any monsters.

---

"What was that?" Lee asked, after he heard a twig snap from a couple feet away.

"Was that any of you?" Diana asked,

"No," The others said, as they heard the bushes start shaking.

"Guys, it could just be the wind." Fred said,

"The wind?" Madlyn said, not sounding very convinced.

"Or a murder." Lee whispered,

"Lee, I'm going to murder you." Diana said,

"Before Sirius Black does, that would be highly appreciated." Lee whispered, making Diana chuckled. There was another twig that snapped, the group huddled closer together, before they heard footsteps coming closer.

"I think we should definitely run." Fred said, as they saw a big black dog poking its head out of the bushes. Lee, Fred, and Madlyn screamed and started running, as Diana grabbed onto George's arm, who started backing away, and right onto a tree root. They both screamed as they fell over.

George put a protective arm around Diana, as she hid her face in his chest, feeling his heart racing. The dog looked at them, as he stepped out of the bushes. George could swear the dog had started laughing, before walking back into the bushes.

"Diana," George said, as she looked up at him, not realizing how close they were, another three inches or two and she could kiss him. George's eyes landed on Diana's lips, before traveling back up to her eyes.

"Diana-" George said, again.

"There you two are!" Lee shouted, as the three of them finally find George and Diana.

"Do you guys want us to leave?" Fred smirked; George glared at Fred.

"It was a dog." Diana said, as she stood up, smacking the dirt away her clothes as George stood up and did the same. 

"Let's get out of here, I want to go back to Hogwarts." Madlyn said. The group agreed and started heading back up to the castle, George's mind only on how his little moment with Diana, wishing it had never ended.