Chapter 59

The summer ended shortly after Harry's court case, and the group found themselves back at Hogwarts, having their first last day of school.

"Look at today! History of magic, double potions, divination and double defense against the dark arts. Binns, Snape, Trelawney, and Umbridge women all in one day. I wish Fred and George'd hurry up and get those Skiving Snackboxes sorted." Ron signed, as Fred, George, and Diana sat down at the breakfast table, Lee and Madlyn were still upstairs in the Gryffindor common room, telling them to go first and they'd join them soon.

"Do mine ears deceive me? Hogwarts prefects surely don't wish to skive off lessons?" Fred asked, squeezing himself next to Harry, Diana and George sat across from him. 

"Look what we've got today! That's the worst Monday, I've ever seen." Ron said, shoving the timetable into Fred's hands, as George put a muffin on Diana's plate.

"Fair point little bro. You can have a bit of Nosebleed Nougat cheap if you like." Fred said, as he scanned over the list.

"Why's it cheap?" Ron asked.

"Because you'll keep bleeding till you shrivel up, we haven't got an antidote yet." George said, before biting into a piece of sausage.

"And speaking of your skiving snackboxes." Hermione said, Fred and George shared an annoyed glance.

"You can't advertise for testers on the Gryffindor noticeboard."

"Says who?" George countered.

"Says me, and Ron." Ron shook his head. 

"Leave me out of it." Ron quickly said, earning a glare from Hermione, she turned to Diana a second later, who was stuffing her face with food.

"What?" Diana asked, picking up her cup of pumpkin juice.

"You are a prefect! And You've been one for around two years now!"

"So?" Diana asked,

"So! Tell them, tell them not to post a notice," Hermione explained, Diana shook her head.

"Hermione one thing I've learned from being friends with them since I was 11, and dating George, is that once an idea is in their head it's hard to get it out." Diana shrugged, whipping her mouth with a cloth. 

"But that's not right." 

"If Dumbledore doesn't have a problem with it why would you?" Diana asked, Hermione flushed.

"Plus I might test something out, I need the money anyway." Diana shrugged, Fred and George both looked at her.

"No, you're not!"

"Yes!" George glared at Fred, with a very serious expression even for George.

"She's not testing out our products."

"We need testers." Fred shrugged,

"Not my girlfriend." George said, Fred shrugged. 

"Alright, not Diana." He said, before turning his attention to Hermione.

"You'll be singing a different tune soon enough, Hermione. You're starting your fifth year; you'll be begging for snackbox before long." Fred smirked.

"No, I won't." Hermione said hotly.

"Half our year had minor breakdowns coming up to OWLS. Tears and tantrums...Patrice Stimpson kept coming over faint." Diana said,

"Kenneth Towler came out in boils, d'you remember?" Fred asked,

"That's because you put bulbadoc powder in his pajama." George laughed,

"Oh year, I'd forgotten...hard to keep track sometimes, isn't it?" Fred asked,

"Anyway, it's a nightmare of a year, the fifth. If you care about exam results anyway." George said,

"Yeah...you got, what was it, three OWLS each?" Ron asked,

"Yep." Fred said, proudly.

"But we feel our futures lie out-side the world of academic achievement." 

"We seriously debated where we were going to bother coming back for our seventh year." Diana glanced at George; he had not mentioned that to her.

"-now that we've got-" George paused, glancing at Harry

"Now that we've got OWLS. I mean do we really need NEWTs? But we didn't think Mum could take us leaving school early not on top of Percy turning out to be the world's biggest prat." George explained.

"We're not going to waste our last year here, though. We're going to use it to do a bit of market research, find out exactly what the average Hogwarts student requires from a joke shop, carefully evaluate the results of our research, then produce products to hit the demand." Fred explained,

"But where are you going to get the gold to start a joke shop? You're going to need all the ingredients and materials-and premise too, I suppose." 

"Ask us no questions," Fred and George said together, before standing up. George grabbed Diana's pulling her up to her feet.

"But-food!" She signed.

"I grabbed you a muffin." He said holding it up to her, she grinned taking it from his hand, and taking a large bite.

"You were considering not coming back to Hogwarts?" Diana asked, looking up at George. Fred started walking faster, and stopping a group of first years, showing them his snackbox.

"Well, it was just a thought." George shrugged. 

"George," she said, putting a hand on his arm, he stopped walking looking at her confused.

"What's wrong?" He asked,

"Why didn't you tell me you wanted to leave? That's a big deal." She said, George shook his head.

"It's really not." 

"I think so, I want to spend our last year together not me at Hogwarts and you working at your store." George smiled at Diana, rubbing his hands up and down her arms, soothingly.

"Don't worry Diana, it was just a thought, we're not going to leave Hogwarts early. I'll finish the year with you." He grinned; Diana nodded.

"Really?" She asked, he nodded.

"Really." He said, leaning down and kissing Diana on the lips.

"Now, let's go find some testers." George said, grabbing Diana's hand and leading her to where Fred, still talking to the first years.

"I can be a-"

"NO!"