Chapter 8

After getting yelled at by Mrs. Weasley once they arrived at the burrow, Diana went upstairs to change. She had still been wearing a long T-shirt and shorts, she changed into some pants and a maroon shirt. Diana walked downstairs and sat between Fred and George. 

"I don't blame you dear," Mrs. Weasley told Diana as she put a pile of eggs on her plate.

"Arthur and I have been worried about you, too, not just Harry. I don't like your parents, you see. Just last night we were saying we'd come and get you ourselves. But really..." She started adding three sausages on Diana's plate "flying an illegal car halfway across the country — anyone could have seen you —"

"It was cloudy, Mum!" said Fred from Diana's right.

"You keep your mouth closed while you're eating!" Mrs. Weasley snapped.

"They were starving them, Mum! Look how skinny Diana has gotten!" George said, grabbing Diana's face with both hands, in the middle of Diana shoving the eggs in her mouth.

"George, I'm trying to eat." She said.

"I'm trying to examine. You look different, this year, I can't explain it." George said, moving her head side to side, as Mr. Weasley opened the back door, stepping into the kitchen.

"Morning Weasleys!" 

"Morning Dad!" The boys said, as George let Diana go.

"What a night. Nine raids. Nine!" Mr. Weasley said, as he sat down, still not noticing the two new additions to his dinner table.

"Oh, Diana. It's nice to see you again." Mr. Weasley said, before turning Harry.

"Well now. Aah! And who are you?" Mr. Weasley said, 

"Oh, sorry sir. I'm Harry, sir, Harry Potter." Harry said, Mr. Weasley's eyes widened, his eyes landing on Harry's scar.

"Good Lord! Are you really? Well, Ron's told us all about you, of course. When did they get here?" Mr. Weasley asked, turning to Mrs. Weasley.

"This morning. Your sons flew that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night." 

"Did you really? How'd it go? Did you—"

"Oh it-"

"Arthur!" 

"I mean...that was very wrong, indeed, boys. Very wrong of you. Now, Diana your muggle born with muggle parents, tell me what the function of a rubber duck is?"

"Um-"

---

After the post arrived, everyone went to get some long-needed rest before getting ready to go to Diagon Alley. They lined up by the fireplace, Mrs. Weasley grabbed a metal pot from onto of the fireplace.

"Oh, but Mum, I forgot! Diana and Harry have never used the floo network!" Ron said, smacking his forehead.

"Floo powder?" Harry asked,

"I know how it works and how to use it, but I never have." Diana said,

"Oh, well, you go first, Ron. So that Harry can see how it's done. Yes. In you go. That's it!" Mrs. Weasley said, as Ron stepped into the Fireplace. He grabbed a handful of Floo powder from the pot and held it to the fire.

"Diagon Alley!" Ron shouted, throwing the powder. The flames got bigger, sucking Ron away.

"You, see? It's quite easy!" Mrs. Weasley said, 

"Harry can go first!" Diana said, pushing him forward. Harry glared at her over his shoulder.

"Don't be afraid. Come on. Come on. In you go. That's it. Mind your head. That's right. Now, take your Floo powder. That's it, very good. Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly!" Mrs. Weasley said, as Harry grabbed a handful of floo powder.