Awkward Encounter!!Mrs/Mistress

"Hello."

"Gabby, I'm so sorry. I can't make it tonight. My Family wants to talk to me, he says it's important."

A small wave of anger courses through me."It's fine, I'll talk to you tomorrow"

"I'll stop by your place tonight."

"No. I'm not feeling well, so I think I'll just go to bed early." Well it's not entirely a lie. I do feel sick because I know things like this will always happen, and I'll always end up alone. I guess that what comes with being a mistress.

"Ok. I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Ok."

"I love you ."

Oh no. I feel the tears filling up my eyes and I will them not to fall."Alex, I have to go." I end the call before he has a chance to say anything.

So here I sit; fully dressed with no where to go. I want to cry, I just feel like I don't have the right to. I'm not his first priority, his family is. So whenever he has to choose, he'll always choose them. I head to my room and begin to undress. As I'm taking of my jewelry, my charm bracelet catches my attention. The little charms are bitter sweet. They have significant meaning to me but whenever someone ask about them, I have to lie. I remember when Karen asked me why I always wore it, I panicked and told her I bought it off line and the charms were already on it. She didn't seem like she believed me, but she could sense I didn't want to talk about it. I take the bracelet off and place it on my dresser before I climb in bed. I just lay there, wondering how I got to this place in my life. I'm closed off and secretive, but I'm only that way because of my relationship. My friends stop wanting to be around me a long time ago and I don't blame them. I went from going out with them every weekend to them not being able to find me on the weekends. Speaking of friends, I could have been with Karen tonight. I text her in hopes that she's still free.

*Was wondering if you wanted to grab a late dinner?*

Gaby

*Of course. Meet me at the mile high club.*

Karen

I'm no longer sad about not seeing Alex, but excited to see Karen. I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember the last time Karen and I were together. She wanted to do some type of spa day last month, but alex had a business trip in Taiwan and naturally I went with him for the chance to be out and about without the fear of his wife seeing us. See, everything in my life always comes back to Him. I push all thoughts of him in the back of my mind for the night. I change into a cream pencil skirt, white top and black heels. I grab my keys and head out.

I've been to the mile high club plenty of times over the last year, yet I've never actually seen it occupied by other people besides Alex and I. Whenever we came, he made sure it was completely vacant. As you can probably suspect, he didn't want anyone to find out what he was up to.

I exit the elevator and make my way to the hostess.

"Excuse me. I'm having dinner with a Karen ."

"Right this way." I follow her through the restaurant, admiring the view as I always do. She leads me to a table full of people, and almost as if I've been punched, realization dawns on me.

"Gaby!" Karen jumps up and engulfs me in a hug. It takes a second to hug her back due to my shock."I thought you weren't going to come."

"I thought it was just going to be the two of us." I say looking at the table.

"Well Mrs Nicole and I had some big news and we wanted to share it with everyone." She leads me to the table and I follow timidly. The first one to greet me of course is Sebastian.