Forbidden Lust

"Mr. Romano," the maid lowers her head and her voice trembles.

She's afraid that Alex is going to punish her for allowing Nicole to get up from the sofa. Nicole grimaces with pain as she walks toward the door.

"What are you talking about?" she asks unhappily.

Alex ignores her question.

"What are you doing up when your waist is injured?" he asks and then smirks, Did you miss me?"

With one large step, he crosses the doorway and gathers Nicole in his arms.

"I don't ever miss you," Nicole says acidly, "Are you having delusions again? If you are I recommend a quick trip to the hospital. Clearly, your condition is worsening."

John and the maid gasp. They can't believe Mrs. Romano is talking to Mr. Romano in such a way and they're terrified to see his reaction, but Alex remains calm.

"I know you miss me," Alex says, "In fact, I think you even care about me."

"You're dreaming," Nicole snarls, "Let me go. You're so hot, I'm starting to sweat."

"I'm so hot I'm making you sweat?" Alex asks with a dirty laugh, "Are you implying something, Mrs. Romano?"

"What?" Nicole asks nonplussed.

"I can't have you all sweaty," Alex says, "Perhaps you'd like me to help you shower?"

"You're crazy. Let me go!" Nicole can't help but struggle, even though the movement hurts her waist.

"Fine," Alex says, "You can help me shower instead."

"There's no way in hell," Nicole hissed, "You can shower by yourself. Besides, my waist is aching and I'm too injured to help you."

"Ahh, if your waist is so bad, perhaps you do need my help."

Nicole keeps silent. She digs her nails into Alex's arms in an effort to make him let her go, but he ignores her.

"Get the water ready," Alex says to the maid.

The maid can't help but laugh as she rushes to the bathroom.

"They're clearly meant to be together," she thinks.

"Alexandro Romano, you can't take advantage of my difficulties to sleep with me," Nicole snarls, "Now let me go. I don't want to go upstairs."

"Oh, I absolutely can take advantage of your difficulties to sleep with you," Alex says dangerously.

Nicole glares at him. If her waist wasn't injured she would kick him in the face just to see how many blows it would take to get through his thick skull. Alex gazes down at the woman in his arms—her cheeks are flushed with anger and he can't help but find it appealing.

"If only I could convince her to stay with me for life," he thinks, "She could make the rest of my life wonderfully fascinating."

He carries her into the bathroom. The tub has been filled with warm water, and the maid has scattered rose petals on the surface. She has added a colorful bubble bath mixture to the tub, and the bubbles fizz romantically. On the side of the tub, two white bathrobes have been neatly folded and placed next to two pairs of slippers.

Nicole scowls at the romantic details. Alex puts her on a white leather stool next to the tub. Slowly, he slides his hand to her top button. She stops him immediately.

"My waist may be hurt, but my hands are fine. I can do it myself," she says, "You should turn and give me some privacy."

"Privacy?" Alex asks, "What part of your body have I not already seen, touched or kissed?"