Lose Your Baby Too

Alexandro gently puts Gabriela on the bed and pulls the sheets up to her waist. He sits beside her and takes her hand in his, lightly playing with her fingers. She sighs and closes her eyes, but a cough from the doorway quickly makes her open them again. A nurse stands awkwardly at the door, waiting for someone to notice her. Gabriela immediately pulls her hand away from Alexandro and nods at the blushing nurse.

"I'm just here to take your temperature, Ms. Montez," the nurse says.

With professional speed, the nurse prepares a thermometer and takes Gabriela's temperature. Alexandro shifts impatiently as the nurse waits for the results. As soon as the thermometer beeps, the nurse makes a note on Gabriela's chart and rushes out of the room.

"So, what was that long phone call about?" Gabriela asks Alexandro.

"Nothing important," Alexandro said, kissing her hair. "I don't want you to worry yourself with anything besides getting better."

"Alexandro, you've been at my bedside for so long, aren't you worried about the Romano Group?" Gabriela says. "If you need to return to work, I won't mind."

Alexandro squints suspiciously at her. "Are you trying to get rid of me?" he asks.

Gabriela bites her lip—he seems to see through her. "I'm feeling much better now, so it's unnecessary for you to spend all your time here. There are nurses everywhere, and I can press the call button if I need any help."

Alexandro glares at her fiercely. He asks, "are you still angry at what happened with our baby?"

Gabriela shakes her head, Still, she craves privacy, and she wants some time to herself.

Don't be ridiculous," she says. "How can I blame you i should have taken safety measures, because i knew you have a family? Just look at me!"

Alexandro smirks and takes her words literally. He slowly looks up and down her body—from the long lines of her legs under the sheets, to her small waist, up to the swell of her breasts under the hospital gown and the soft, pale skin on her neck. Finally, he gazes deeply into her eyes. She shivers.

"If you try to run away , I'll handcuff you to me," Alexandro says huskily.

"Do all men have this weird handcuff kink?" Gabriela asks with a roll of her eyes.

He leans in, so his lips brush her ear and whispers, "It's especially fun in the bedroom."

"Are you hungry?" Gabriela asks, trying to change the topic.

Alexandro pulls away and looks concernedly at her. "Why? Are you hungry ?" he asks.

"Yeah, I think I'm still having some sort of pregnancy craving," Gabriela says without meeting his eyes. "There's pastry shop in North Town that makes the best red velvet cupcakes."

"Okay, I'll send john at once," Alex says.

"Can't you go?" Gabriela asks. "You almost never bring me anything yourself—you always just ask someone else to do it."

Alex seems to consider her words.

Alex nods and points at his lips. "Kiss me, and I'll be on my way," he says.

Gabriela tilts her head back and waits for him to lower his to meet her. She pecks him quickly on the lips and turns her head away before he can deepen the kiss. Alex kisses her cheek, stands, and strides out of the room. She can hear him in the doorway instructing the nurse to check on her every ten minutes.

Gabriela clears her throat and glances meaningfully at John, and he rushes out of the room after Alex. She walks to the window and gazes down at the street far below. Within a few minutes, she sees one of Alex's Ferraris tearing out of the parking lot. She waits until the car disappears and walks out of her room. A nurse stops her immediately.