Facebook

Alex stares at her with a look of deep significance and casually says, "I don't mind."

He gently tugs her hair, forcing her to lean down close to him. He grasps her waist with his other hand and holds her tightly. As she struggles to get away from him, he holds her more firmly against the body.

"Stop moving unless you want to cause problems for yourself," he commands, then his voice turns rougher, "Or maybe you're eager for me to put a baby in you."

She can feel his growing excitement, "You're too sensitive, Mr. Romano—it takes next to nothing to get you in the mood."

"This is because of you."

He means what he says. Nicole alone has the ability to get him to get hard. He bites her earlobe vaguely and watches her hide her face against his chest, smelling the scent of her hair with satisfaction.

"Pervert," she murmurs.

She feels too feeble to struggle again and begins to fall asleep in his arms. She sleeps through the night, warm and peaceful against his body.

In the morning, Alex slips out of bed and heads to the dressing room. Under the Swarovski crystal chandelier, a row of limited-edition watches shines in a glass cabinet. Alex takes glances at them, selects a vintage Patek Philippe watch and puts it on his wrist. John opens the necktie cabinet to let his boss choose.

"Give me my phone," Alex commands.

He stands in front of the full-length mirror, clasping the wristwatch. John hurriedly hands over the phone, but Alex doesn't take it or look at it.

"Check Facebook," he orders coldly.

Alex only has a few friends. He guards his privacy carefully and has no interest in the petty stories and silly photos people post. Besides, people as powerful as they have better things to do than check Facebook.

John catches on quickly to Alex's true intentions.

"You haven't added Nicole yet. Do you want to add her? Her profile is only visible to her friends on Facebook."

"Yes, but I'm going to do it from the company account."

Alex takes his phone, unlocks the screen and quickly finds Nicole's account. After waiting for a few minutes, his face darkens, "Why is there no reply?"

John thinks Mr. Romano is asking him and explains quickly, "Maybe Nicole is still sleeping."

Alex squints his eyes and remembers holding her in his arms all night. Her hair was entwined around his fingers, giving off a faint and captivating fragrance. He found it difficult to sleep.

When he got up he moved carefully to avoid waking her, and he told the servant to let her sleep until she woke up naturally.

Hours later, he is sitting at his desk at work when John enters.

"Mr. Romano, Miss Montez made a post on Facebook."

John hands him a phone and Alex glances at the screen and reads, "It's all my fault. I ruined your marriage, and I tripped down the stairs by myself. I never should have framed you. I'm sorry to Nicole Romano"

Though the post is only a few minutes old, there are dozens of comments. Uninterested in reading the comments, Alex deletes Gabriela from his friend list and looks at his private phone.

"Is she still sleeping?" he asks.

John enters something on his phone and waits for a reply. His phone rings and he answers, "The maid said she just woke up and took her medicine. Now she's checking her phone."