Maybe So

The following days, work for Raidyn was slow, a party here and there, but nothing concrete. Sometimes she even questioned how she was still employed by the catering company. Maybe it shouldn't have been considered a job.

At Raidyn's home money was always scarce and everyone had to do some type of work in order to get by. The only way to save money for her dream car was going to work with her mother, even if it meant bumping into obnoxious people.

It was Wednesday and Raidyn wiped over the mirror in the bathroom, bopping her head from side to side with the music. She sang along with the song "She had dumps like a truck, truck truck...Thighs like what what what...Baby, move your butt, butt, butt..." as she continued dancing around the bathroom.

Nick watched her, as he leaned against the door frame, he smiled at the girl. Although she wasn't his type there was something about her. He cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair, but there was no response. She continued humming and moving with the rhythm.

Making her move with each beat, making the time go by faster and no one was around, so why not dance. Suddenly she let out a loud scream as she felt a hand on her shoulder. Heat rushed through her whole body.

Nick covered her mouth with his hand "Ssh...ssh..." he slowly removed his hand from her mouth. Hastily Raidyn removed her head phones and glared at him with a beat red face. Oh now this is great! The big stuck up asshole has watched you and your fat ass moving about. "Don't scream...your mother is going to think I'm trying to do God knows what to you and she'll come and clabber me with the plunger. I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you...I tried to get your attention...."

"I'm all finished in this bathroom." she began to walk out. "Try not to piss all over the place...I can see you don't have much of an aim." she smirked walking away.

He frowned and then laughed as he closed the door and did his business.

                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raidyn put away the cleaning supplies and waited for her mother to finish. She sat at one of the stools in the kitchen as she watched the ripples in the pool. Just the feeling of being near the water made her shudder. Never would she go into shallow water again. Never.

There was a persistent knock at the door, and Raidyn noticed that there was no one else to answer. "Don't worry I'll get it...I am the maid." She huffed and mumbled to herself then opened the door.

A tall slender blonde stood an icy look on her face as she stared Raidyn up and down. It didn't seem to be the same one who had been up in the blonde's room last week. "I know you're not one of his other girls..." she laughed "And you're definitely not Leigh!" she muttered with disgust. "I'm here for Nick." she just walked in and looked around the house.

Raidyn mocked her as she still stood at the door "Sure, come on in. He's upstairs I think...I'm just the cleaning girl...lady...whatever." she took her seat again and now gawked at the pretty blonde calling out Nick's name.

"Nick Carter, we are going to be late." she shouted as she paced and glared at Raidyn.

Finally Nick came waltzing down the stairs, his cologne filling the air. His hair was sticking up, but it looked good on him. He wore a black button shirt with a blazer over it and a pair of jeans.

Nick kissed her cheek "Hey sorry you know that when you're as good looking..." They noticed Raidyn sitting at the breakfast bar, her elbows propped on the tile, her chin resting in her hands, just staring at him. His eyes met hers and she quickly shifted her gaze to the ground "As myself...needs time to dress to bless the world with his presence." he laughed, looking away.