They Are Coming

Nick couldn't feel his hand anymore, or barely keep up with the pace, he kept chanting over and over "It's going to be ok..." although he wasn't sure. He'd never been around someone having a baby and from the tight vise grip that Mia had on his hand, he was pretty happy about it.

"Call Ray...uuuuh..." she slammed her eyes shut, as she felt the pain stream from one end of her lower belly, to the other. She let out a loud yelp, as the pain intensified. "Please Nick...I need...her and Ernie!" she let out a shaky breath, as she let go of his hand, and took hold of the moving bed.

Mia knew that pain was a big part of labor, but never did she imagine that it would be so bad. Nick watched as her head moved from side to side, her teeth clenched, fist of sheets in hand and her legs were spreading slowly.

It was freaking him out, how all the doctors were talking their own lingo, and asking her to breathe. Obviously breathing wasn't helping her, according to him. They were coming upon the swinging doors, and he knew he'd have to let her go, alone.

"You'll have to stay here sir..." a nurse stopped him, as the rest of the group continued their way through the doors. "We will keep you updated on her progress." She gave him a shoulder pat, and jogged after the group.

He licked his dry lips as he stared at the doors that were still swinging. "Is everything alright?" the familiar voice startled him. He had forgotten that Angela had been about to knock on his door, when he was almost carrying a squealing Mia to the car.

"Yeah...listen I have to make some phone calls...why don't you wait for me in the lobby?" he gave her a weak smile, but his mind was on finding Ray and Ernie. There was no way he was going to be put into that room, especially after watching all those pregnancy shows he had tortured himself watching.

                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raidyn laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She couldn't believe that once again, her vulnerability had gotten the best of her, and she had ended up making out with Adam. People that were in love, didn't do things like that. She couldn't help, but wonder what Nick was doing at the moment, was he as unhappy and confused as she was. Or was he happy and doing things, he never got to do with her around.

Shrugging him out of her mind, she moved on to think about her family. They had never been a perfect bunch, but at some point, they had been a tight knit family. Her dad had always worked hard, along with her mother, to have what little they had. They didn't have luxury or live in a really nice place, but they had a roof over their heads.

Then after the accident, everything went to hell. They were no longer close, and all that was heard throughout the house was arguing and her father only got worse with the drinking and violence.

Would he have really hurt her?

He obviously did Mia. How did she end up with such a monster, as a father, she had no idea. All she knew was that she never wanted to hear or see him again...or her mother. Now, she had to fix things with Mia, but first she had to get all the thoughts running through her head, in order. They were like a big cluster, crushing against her temples, sending a throbbing sensation through her head.

She let out a deep sigh. Why couldn't she stop thinking about him? I'm still in love with him, no matter if we are apart. I kissed Adam, because...I'm not sure why. Actually something happens to me when I'm around Adam, but I don't have feelings for him. Do I?

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick stuffed the cell phone angrily into his pocket, and took a seat next to Angela. He bent over, resting his elbows on his knees and running his clammy hands over his face. There had been no luck reaching Ernie and Adam wasn't around Raidyn, at the time.