Truth Hurts

Raidyn couldn't believe that the day had gone by so fast, today was a day she would have loved to go on, forever. She took a deep breath, as the hand that was connected to hers, gave her a tight squeeze. "It's going to be ok, I'll be right outside, he won't hurt you, Ray '' Adam reassured her, pulling her towards the house.

A night chill had settled in the air, and the sky was slowly turning gray.

It had been so long that she had been there, it made her stomach knot up. Although Adam hadn't even hesitated when she had asked him, she was wishing it was Nick by her side. "Thanks...I'm so nervous." she wiped her sweaty palm, on her jeans and trailed behind Adam. "What if it's true, if he raped her?"

Their eyes locked, as they reached the porch, and stood at the door "Then you will know, and you can talk to her...make things right, with her." he gave her a nod, and scraped his knuckles against the door.

It took a while before they heard the door open. There stood Maria, she seemed a bit in shock, as her eyes looked over her daughter, and the rather tall man, next to her. "Hi hija..." she looked over her shoulder quickly, and stepped out "I don't think now is the right time, Ray."

Going against her mother was the hardest thing for Raidyn to do. She looked up at Adam, for reassurance one last time, then took a deep breath "Mom...it's never the right time. I need him to explain something to me, and I want an explanation now!"

Her mother looked at her surprised "Who is it? Tell them...to go away!"

Raidyn almost jumped out of her skin, as she heard the voice thunder from inside the house. Swallowing hard, she let go of Adam's hand and pushed past her mother, to find herself face to face, with her father. She felt like the air had been sucked out of her, as she looked up, into his angry eyes.

Ernie wiped away a tear as he helped tape the blue and pink streamer from one end of the room, while AJ taped at the other end. It still didn't register in his mind that the only two people he was closest with weren't speaking. That he was almost forced to choose, not that he had chosen Mia, but Raidyn wanted nothing to do with him.

A soft hand, took hold of his wrist and snuck a tissue into his hand, "There shouldn't be any crying, today!" Beth gave Ernie a soft smile, she didn't look too happy herself.

Ernie inspected the woman, a little stunned by her action. "Thanks, it's just this last minute thing...Mia will be here soon, and she will be expecting Raidyn to be here. Well I wasn't really able to get through to her..." he let out a sigh. "I just wish she knew that I didn't mean to lie. I know, better than anyone, not to lie to those you love." he looked up at Beth, but her eyes were fixed on AJ across the room.

"They are here!" AJ hollered, hopping off the chair. Everyone scattered to hide somewhere, as they waited for the door to open.

"Thanks for taking me to the doctor Nick..." Mia waddled behind Nick, as he entered the dimly lit living room.

He smiled, letting her walk in front of him. "It was no problem." he smiled as he watched everyone, jump from their hiding spots and scream 'surprise' startling Mia. She whipped around to glare at him, then smiled. "Surprise!" he grinned, enveloping her into a hug.

"Thanks you guys..." she tried to grin, as she looked around.

"Hi honey...she didn't make it. I'm sorry" Ernie wrapped his arms around her swollen belly, "But that doesn't mean we aren't going to have fun. So wipe off that frown." she shook her head, not too convinced about being happy, at the moment.

Her eyes were fixed on AJ and Beth who stood outside, now.

Beth fiddled with her fingers as she slowly licked her lips and looked up at AJ "Is everything alright? You've been acting really weird all night." AJ questioned, with a raised brow, as he crossed his arms and leaned against the wooden railing.