Double Up

The next morning, Raidyn gently moved Mia's shoulder "Mia..." she spoke softly.

Mia shifted looking up with her swollen eyes "Ray?" she asked, sitting up and stretching out "What's wrong?" she asked, a little disorientated.

Raidyn giggled "Remember it's Friday and I asked for the day off to go with you to the ultrasound..." she looked at her watch "Like in forty five minutes...we got to hurry."

Just as Mia got up and headed to her room, Ernie opened his eyes and smiled "Ray...hey." he rubbed his eyes, then noticed that Mia was missing "Uh...where is Mia? Is she alright?" he asked a little frantically.

Raidyn looked at him puzzled "Yeah she just went to wash up and get dressed. You should do the same...if you're coming?" she asked, staring at Ernie confused. "Is everything alright? Did she have another melt down last night?"

"Uh...kind of!" he remembered the encounter with her father last night and got goosebumps. He stared at his best friend's smiling face, he was tempted to sit her down and tell her what an awful and monstrous father she had. That there was a reason why Mia was the way she was. He opened his mouth to speak, but the more he stared at Raidyn's bright face, the more he understood Mia's silence. It had been a while since Raidyn was this happy and knowing that her father was a rapist would only bring her back down. "I'm just going to wash up." He got up and headed for the restroom.

Nick came in from the front door "Hey there...I thought you guys would be gone by now!" he kissed her and walked into the kitchen fetching a bottle of water from the fridge. "She's going to be late...she missed the last ultrasound."

Raidyn followed him "I know babe...she had another meltdown last night and they passed out on the sofa. They are getting ready as we speak."

Nick inspected Raidyn's face "Are you alright? You're looking a little pale." he placed his hands on her shoulders and she yelped "What?" he looked at her frantically.

"That hurt..." she rolled up the sleeve to her shirt and noticed a big bruise right on her upper arm and shoulder. "Shit!" she muttered looking at the dark circle.

"What the hell happened?" Nick asked, running his finger over it.

Raidyn nodded "I hit myself on the counter yesterday, but it didn't feel like it would bruise..." she covered her arm back up "Oh well..."

Before Nick could ask anymore questions Ernie and Mia entered the room "Morning Nick..." the twosome said in chorus.

He smiled and greeted them, "So I'm going with...AJ to Hollywood today. We are going to look into setting up an appointment with a camera crew." Nick smiled anxiously 'We are going to try and make his video out here on the beach. I'm going to direct and produce it...see how it goes..."

"Ouch!" Mia bent down holding her stomach.

Quickly Raidyn and Ernie were at her side, 'What's wrong?' 'Are you alright?' 'It's not coming is it?' Mia heard the questions but didn't know who was asking what. Then she burst into a laugh. All three looked at her, like she was crazy, "I felt it...the baby kicked me." she was fascinated by the sudden movement in her stomach "I had felt things...like flutters, but never a kick in whatever organ that was..."

"Oh good gracious let me feel" Ernie placed a hand over her belly "Oh...come on baby move for me, don't be shy. It's only your uncle Ernie..." he cooed, then gave Mia a grin "The fruit loop" Mia gave him a puzzled look and the twosome began to laugh. When nothing happened he moved his hand "I give up...you brat" he stuck his tongue at the belly.

"You wanna try?" she looked at Raidyn, who carefully placed her hand on Mia's stomach "Ok...this is your auntie Ray...go ahead and move for her" but there was no movement.