Take the Pain Away

"Jesus Ray! Would you slow down." he pushed past the crowd, following Raidyn out of the bar. "Ray stop!" he lost sight of her in the middle of the dance floor.

Raidyn ignored Adam's voice and bolted out of the bar. Just great take the plunge and there he is to see me do it. Argh! What am I doing? This sucks, no...I suck, everything SUCKS! she stood by the large swirling ball, just staring at the fountain spraying around it.

The hand on her shoulder made her jump "What the fuck Ray?" Adam was huffing and puffing.

"I'm sorry it's just that...I saw Nick and he saw us."

He pursed his lips in concern "Fuck! Then maybe now is the chance to hear him out...go back in there and find him." he looked down at the ground, hating encouraging her to do something he didn't want her to do. Then again he couldn't kid himself, she was bound to leave once things were cleared up and she belonged with Nick.

Raidyn nodded her head "No...I can't do that. Stop directing me Adam, I'm not as confident as you and I can't just walk up..."

"Damn it Ray! If your not going to do shit about this situation, then how about you stop your sulking...I'm so tired of seeing you cry all the time and covering all your fuck ups at work." his eyes were angry and he almost shouted, not bothered by the people that passed them by.

I do not cry all the time.

"I do not cry all the time..." she defended "I didn't know I was fucking up so much, you should have told me. I'm sorry I'm being such a pain in your ass!" She took a seat on the side of the fountain, her head looking down.

Adam instantly kneeled in front of her, taking her face in his hands "You're not a pain in my ass Ray. This is just so childish...plus, I just hate seeing you hurt so much, over something that has a solution."

She got up, almost knocking him over, "How the hell do you know if it has a solution." there was nothing worse than someone analyzing her like she was a damn fool. "Why don't you just fuck off Adam!" she crossed her arms under her chest. "I think you're the last person to give any love advice." instantly she regretted the last sentence.

"Right...your right" his face twisted with the painful memory of Leslie. "Fine..." he turned towards the bar entrance and was startled by all the eyes watching them. In front of him stood Nick, AJ, Beth, Angel and Mia all their eyes on them.

Nick's jaw tightened with anger, and his hands were ready for a fight. "Wow you guys already fight like a married couple." he teased, his eyes shifting from Raidyn to Adam and vice versa.

"Uh...we are just going to wait in the car." AJ took Beth's hand and began to walk away.

Angel semi smiled at Raidyn, who returned the gesture "I'm going with them...Chris and the girls are still inside. I'll see you in a bit" she ran to catch up with the drunken couple.

"Ray, are you alright? You haven't called or anything. I was worried." Mia spoke in a low voice, uncertain that she would even answer her. "I think we should talk."

Raidyn glared at Mia, the nerve of the woman. "We have nothing to talk about. I'm fine...Looks like you are doing well." she cursed under her breath, really wanting to shout the obscenities out loud. Her eyes shifted back to an angry Nick.

"I thought you said you wouldn't touch her?" he scrunched his eyebrows in a menacing look at Adam. "I see why you don't want to come back" he snapped at Raidyn.

Adam walked closer to Nick, and Raidyn grabbed his shirt "Please don't do that here, the cops are right there." she pulled him back, as she glared at Nick "He hasn't touched me and you know damn well the reason why I don't go back with you. Would you like me to remind you...?"