Monday Madness

On Monday morning Raidyn did the usual pick out her work clothes and talked to her mother over a cup of coffee. The mornings were always peaceful, since her father would start his days early, before the sun even started peaking out.

"Ray, did you want some breakfast? I'm really happy that you have given up on all those diets and you're eating like a normal person. I guess I could thank Nick for that." Maria scrambled some eggs as she sipped on her cup of coffee.

Raidyn could hear her mother talking but made nothing of what she was saying. The heat rose on her cheeks as she remembered her embarrassing display on Saturday night and that she would be having lunch with Nick today. Most of the time she skipped eating and just walked around or talked in the car.

"Ray, are you listening to me?" her mother placed a plate with eggs and toast in front of her. "Here eat this..." she took a seat and they ate in silence. "Is everything alright Ray, you've been awfully quiet lately."

She snapped out of her trance and forced a smile "I'm a good mom...really." She took her last bite, picked up the plate, washed it and excused herself to shower.

Mia moved from under the covers, her stomach was churning and her body was sore. "Ray...I need to talk to you..." she sat up and noticed that Raidyn was not in bed, "Shit! There goes telling her myself, it will take me days to have the courage again. There goes that." She laid back down and hid under the blankets.

Raidyn sat on the edge of the tub, the droplets of her recent shower still nestled on her bare shoulders, her wet hair was in a bun, and she was tightly wrapped in a towel. Her leg moved impatiently, as she recalled everything that she could think of when it came to losing weight, that she had already tried. Diets, pills, teas, shakes, starving (almost starving), acupuncture, and even working out. She lost the weight at a snail's pace, while everyone else around her was getting smaller by the day.

There was one last thing that she had never tried and maybe, just maybe it would work. Of course she would have to really concentrate and put all her effort into it. You can do this Ray, it works for everyone else. Why not for you? Stand up and do it. If you want Nick to still like you and his family and friends to accept you, then do it.

After her pep talk Raidyn stared at the toilet, the nerves twisted in her stomach. Maybe she wouldn't have to put so much effort into her task.

She bit her lip and slowly watched as her finger made its way into her mouth. Gag. Heave. Nothing. Harder you idiot! Her eyes watered as the heaving continued, but nothing happened, which irritated her. She closed her eyes in annoyance and forced her finger deeper in her throat, this time accomplishing the task.

Mia sat up again, "Damn heartburn." she mumbled throwing the blankets off of her. "You're really getting to be a bugaboo." she looked at her stomach with a smile, the idea of a baby was slowly settling in. Even if she was constantly hungry, grumpy, sleepy and bloated.

Raidyn walked into the room, all dressed, her hair still damp from her shower. Both girls stared at each other, hoping they didn't know each other's secret. "Hey you're up early. Who are you talking to?" Raidyn dried off her hair taking a seat on her bed. The thoughts of her bathroom incident coming and going.

Mia blushed "Oh to myself, just feeling a little sick this morning." she smiled weakly as she felt the bile rising in her throat.

"Hmmm" Raidyn giggled. "I still think you're pregnant, and you just don't want to tell me cause you're embarrassed. But I'm not going to pressure you. Anyways I'm almost late for work and---"

"Wait a minute...how did it go last night? Did you get lucky?" Mia questioned, a little too serious. She was feeling bad about keeping the pregnancy from Raidyn, especially since Nick was part of the secret.