The Roommates

It was late when Raidyn and a giggling Mia made their way into the dark house. "Oh shit he's actually asleep. I thought he would..." they let out a yelp as a light turned on in the living room. Nick stood in his pajama pants with a wife beater and his hair in disarray.

"Niiick you scared me half to death." Raidyn squealed as she placed a hand over her chest.

"Jesus Nick...do you want me to have these babies now?" Mia said, looking up at Raidyn when he didn't answer "Uh...I'll see you tomorrow. Good night guys" she said quietly walking down the hall and into her room.

Raidyn was debating on telling him who she had spent thanksgiving with. The only people that knew would probably never bring it up. Well she couldn't count on Adam keeping his mouth shut, she knew that already.

"Where the hell have you guys been?" Nick pulled her from her trance. "Well...?" he said, crossing his arms.

"Uh...um we went to a restaurant because it was really depressing that you guys left us hanging and then although we don't like Beth, it was very upsetting that she also called to say that she and Denise weren't coming."

Nick walked up to her "So where did you go?" He raised an eyebrow.

She wondered if he already knew, the way he was interrogating her. "Wait a minute, shouldn't I be the one asking the questions? You're the one that was about four hours late. I busted my hump making all that food and you don't even show up on time." she turned around and started down the hall.

He responded with a whisper "Yeah but you know that I'm working Raidyn. I'm not out there fucking around like you might imagine I am. Just tell me where you went, and I'll leave you alone." he closed the bedroom door behind them.

She bit her lip "Erm...I don't remember the name of the restaurant. I just know it's on uh...Vine and Hollywood or something. If you must know it was Mia, Ernie and I. We had dinner and got carried away talking and that's why we were late. OK?" her stomach was flipping around, she didn't like lying to him, but she knew it would start a new argument, if she told him. Quickly she changed into her pajamas and stood on her side of the bed.

He let out a sigh "Uh one more thing ... .My mom, BJ, my sister and Melanie are here."

"What?" she questioned lying down.

He turned the lights off and laid next to her "Yeah, we can talk about it tomorrow. I'm really tired right now." he knew all hell would break loose tomorrow morning. He just didn't want to deal with it tonight. He hadn't told his mother that he had a live-in girlfriend with a pregnant sister living with him. He had told her they were his roommates. "Uh by the way...I kinda told my mother that you and Mia were my roommates." he nuzzled her neck and his hand caressed her thigh.

She turned to look at him "What? I'm your roommate?"

"Well it's just that she is already pissed at me, then she was irate about the airlines losing her luggage. So I really didn't want to add to her aggravation. I'm sorry." He kissed her and pulled her close, his hands roaming.

"Oh..." she sat up and looked around. "Well in that case..." she removed his arms from around her waist "I should sleep with Mia, cause a roommate wouldn't sleep with the owner of the house." she got up, snatched her pillow and stormed out of the room.

He laid his head on the pillow, with a loud groan. Good going Nick. I have a feeling this week is going to be really long. Nick thought to himself, Raidyn seemed a little nervous tonight, he was wondering if she was hiding something from him. Then he thought Raidyn wouldn't do that.

The next morning Raidyn was the first to get up, like every other morning, she snuck into the bathroom to do her daily routine. Today she was in a cold sweat and feeling dizzy. As she leaned over the sink, she washed her face and brushed her teeth. Why in the hell am I feeling this way. I'm not even losing any weight. She stepped on the scale in Mia's bathroom and cringed. Nice 175 still, five pounds out of nine diet pills, two green teas and throwing up three times a day. Ugh! This seriously sucks.