Not You Again

Friday afternoon Mia called out of work and slumped back into bed. She wasn't feeling sick physically, just mentally. She hadn't been bedded for almost a month, she was growing by the day and she was confused. Maybe AJ was right, she wasn't ready to be a mother. What more proof did she need, she was having a baby and didn't even know who the father was.

"Morning...you're not going to work again?" Raidyn stood over her. She had already showered, straightened her hair, changed into her casual wear, a pair of dark boot cut jeans, and a bright red polo shirt that read California Bank. "Mia...please tell me what is up. You've been like this for weeks and I am really worrying." She sat next to Mia.

Mia sat up and took Raidyn's hand "Look...I'm fine, it's just depression. I can be depressed too, right? Don't worry girl, I'm fine." she semi smiled.

Raidyn fidgeted with her shirt "Uh...Mia?" she thought for a second, on how to ask, but there wasn't any other way than to just ask. "Are you pregnant?"

Mia looked up at her with shock, her secret was out. Did the guys say anything? She looked to mellow to know. Mia giggled forcefully "No...crazy. If something like that was happening I would tell you. I'm fine. So listen, are you going to Nick's party tonight? I want to go, but only if you are."

"I am but late, supposedly everyone is going to a soirée at work to talk about next week's plans for sales. You can have dad drop you off at the bank and we can go together...please. I'll feel weird there alone. Then we will leave to be at Nick's by eight."

"Oh god Ray that is so late, but ok I'll meet you at the bank." The girls hugged and Raidyn walked to the phone in the living room. She quickly dialed and the phone rang and rang, then the answering machine picked up. She smiled at the sound of Ernie's voice "Hi my Ernie...you haven't called me I'm worried. I miss you! Call me please." I have got to get a cell phone. She was on her way to work.

                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick, AJ, Chris and Angel shopped for the things needed for the party and were hauling them into the house. "So Nick describes your hot girlfriend to me man...come on. Blonde, long legs, tight stomach, perfect teeth... well?"

AJ snickered as he struggled with the new grill "Let's just say the opposite of most of the things you said...she doesn't have long legs, good ones but not long and lean. She's cute...that is the word...cute!"

"AJ stop being such an ass...already!" Angel smacked him on the head as she made way out to the patio, setting down the cooler and filling it with ice. "I think she is pretty and can kick Nick's ass." she smiled widely, remembering the banquet.

"You'll see her there is no need to describe..." Nick faked a smile. He was beginning to get nervous with all of Chris's questions, how was he supposed to describe her without being laughed at. He liked what he saw, but what about everyone else? Maybe he shouldn't have invited her tonight. He sighed in frustration.

"Stop sweating it, these two idiots just like yanking your chain. I want us to have some fun and be happy ok. Fuck what Chris says...he's an ass anyway." Angel laughed as they continued to set up for the evening party.

                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raidyn went through the same painful conversation of the people in the lunchroom. Diets, carbs, counting calories, what nice restaurants to eat at, that weren't fattening. Then being ignored by Stephanie most of the day as she stood right behind her. Towards the end of the day she whipped her head around, her light brown hair swaying to the side. "That's not fair that you got a red shirt."