I Need

Raidyn sat dazed in the last hours of her class. Once they announced that they would see each other on Monday she was relieved. It had been a long and excruciating week. Nick had called her, but everyone knew not to pass any calls over to her. He had stopped by many times only to get the door slammed in his face.

She felt worse than when Danny was in her life, she wore the biggest pants she had, sneakers and her T-shirts hiding herself in the baggy clothes. With the exception of having to dress business casual for class, but her hair was always in a ponytail. She didn't speak much at home and spent her days huddled in her bed, declining dinner.

Now that she was taking her teller classes, she didn't see much of her mother. The woman cleaned two houses a day and by the time she would come home, Mia had made dinner, and everyone was ready for the day to end. Her father was a beast lately, coming home making demands and arguing with anyone in his path, usually ending up being Mia.

                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick sat at the bar with AJ, sipping on a drink. His head was already spinning and all he could think about was Raidyn. It made him sick to his stomach to know that he couldn't see her or talk to her, no matter how many times he called or showed up, he never even got a glimpse.

"Yo...let's get out of here..." AJ stumbled off the stool and pulled Nick along. The twosome clumsily made their way to their cars "Sure you don't want us to catch a cab?" AJ questioned struggling with the key.

Nick laughed "No, I'm good! I'm just going to buy another bottle and I will head home." he walked away towards the small market next to the deserted bar.

"I don't think that is a good idea Nick. Why don't you let me give you a ride home man? If you get caught..." his voice trailed off as Nick continued his trek into the market and towards the bottles.

                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raidyn got home and quickly dressed into her sweats and tank top, and huddled up into bed. Ernie and Mia waltzed into the room a couple of minutes later "Honey you can't do this all the time. Look, we brought you some Mickey D's. We know you like fries..." Ernie smiled, desperate for a reaction.

"Thanks guys but I'm not hungry." she sunk into her bed and covered up, giving her back to the twosome the memory of eating fries with Nick at the promenade made her sigh.

Mia frowned and patted her leg "Well we will be outside if you need us..." the twosome exited the room, leaving Raidyn alone.

They bring me fries! Very funny...how about a lipo or a tummy tuck...damn it!

Quickly she stepped out of bed, picked up the McDonald's bag and flung it into the trash can. Then dug into her drawer, spilling the pills into her hand and staring at them.

Ernie sat on the couch huffing with anger "Mia what can we do? She's back to that miserable, depressive and just plain Ray. It's disgusting. That NICK I could just...!!" he made gestures as if he was ringing Nick's neck.

"I don't know...you're leaving soon and that isn't going to help either. Plus...I'm pregnant." she blurted, and stared at him waiting for his reaction.

It was slow and then he squealed with delight "Oh I'm going to be an uncle...auntie...ooh...whose the daddy?" he turned around taking her hands in his. "Well tell me!"

She looked at him glumly and shrugged, "Please you can't tell anyone. I just had to say it out loud to someone. I don't know who he is...it could be..." she paused and looked away.