Black Suit, Red Tie

Mia didn't want to cry, she wanted to be strong, she had already spent three days in the hospital. The doctor had said if she continued on with such depression, she would be right back in that hospital bed. She looked down at herself, the dress fit her loosely over her almost too swollen belly. She couldn't even see her feet, but she knew they were swollen. With a tissue she kept dabbing at the tears that just wouldn't stop.

She couldn't believe that she was walking up the steps to the church, she came to a halt to break down in tears. "I don't know if I can do it...I just...I can't face this. I can't say goodbye." her body shook with each sob.

Raidyn took her in her arms "Oh Mia, I'm so sorry...we can go home if you want. You don't have to do this." she caressed her sisters back as she pulled her to the side. She hated to see her in agony, it had been there ever since that night, she was so frail lately and those three days in the hospital had been hell. She understood wholeheartedly if Mia couldn't face the reality of things, there was no way she would face it if it was Nick.

Nick walked up to the two women dressed in black, he fixed his black suit and red tie. He was slightly bothered to enter the church himself, but he was really concerned for Mia, who seemed to be breaking down once again. He knew things would be so different after this day, it had been different after that night, he couldn't believe that AJ had done such a thing.

"You guys ok? We gotta go in, they are about to start." He raised his eyebrows waiting for a response from one or both of the women.

Mia nodded, sniffling away the last of her tears "Ok, I'm ok...this will be over with and...yeah..."

Raidyn took Mia's hand and Nick wrapped an arm around Raidyn's waist as they continued to enter the church, it was crowded with people. Everyone was silent, except for the music drifting off the piano strings, it was an almost sad eerie melody. Nick guided them all the way to the front, where they all froze staring at AJ, he was in the black suit and red tie too. He was pale and there was an unreadable look on his face.

Mia flinched, just as Nick turned to look at her, he protectively pulled her close, and let her scoot into the aisle first, then Raidyn proceeded and he sat down last. The melody stopped and he was thankful, instead of the place going silent, he could hear the whispers, coughs, children whining and his own heart drumming in his chest. He didn't even know why he was so nervous, maybe because his best friend was up there.

Mia held on to Raidyn's hand, she was holding in the loud sobs that wanted to escape, she wouldn't put on a show. Not today, she would save it all and when she got home she would let it all out in the comfort of her own room. She bit her lip as she looked up again.

Raidyn couldn't feel her fingers anymore; the grip Mia had acquired on her hand was too tight. She shifted her fingers, making Mia loosen her grip. "I'm sorry Ray..." she mumbled.

"It's ok." she whispered, patting Mia's hand. She couldn't really concentrate on the moment. It was the weekend before Valentine's Day and the big ball was next weekend. She had refused to meet with the trainer, but Nick had been meeting with him three times a week. She turned to look at him, already the results were showing and it made her insecure all over again. The piano playing started again, and broke her from her thoughts.

This time it was a more familiar melody and everyone suddenly rose from their seats. There she was, the only person not dressed in black. Her hair was up in a bun, a beautiful diamond crown adorned her head, and her dress was white and its train trailed behind her. There was a huge smile on her face, she stared straight ahead at her soon to be husband.

Mia closed her eyes as she saw Beth make way towards AJ, she wanted to keep them closed, but she didn't want to miss anything either. Just as she looked up, his eyes locked with hers for a second and she could feel herself pleading with him through her eyes not to go through with it.