The Wedding

Raidyn couldn't help but catch a glimpse of the tall man in a tux sitting next to her. He was calm and collected, eyes closed, legs stretched out and arms crossed. On the other hand, her stomach was in knots, she was feeling a bit queasy and was praying to all the saints she could remember.

"Would you sit back and relax?" Adam said without opening his eyes.

She looked at him puzzled, "How the hell do you know I'm not relaxed?"

His lips broke into a smile, "Because you are clutching my arm so tight, I think it's dead."

"Oh...I'm sorry." She looked down, and realized he was right. Her hand was almost white from her grip on his arm. Raidyn couldn't help it. She was terrified of flying. If it wasn't because she'd received a special invitation from the Carter family, there was no way she'd be on that plane.

Slowly she sat back in her seat, closed her eyes and tried thinking of good things. If she could get herself to sleep, there would be no thoughts and the time would go by faster. Way faster.

"You know I have the perfect idea for you to forget about this whole being afraid of flying situation." He was grinning widely, with one eye cocked open. "It has to do with the bathroom...and joining the mile high club."

Raidyn rolled her eyes and gave him a smack on the arm. "How about no!"

He shrugged and let out a chuckle. "I was just being a friend...trying to help out another friend. Sue me." He closed his eyes again, and readjusted himself. "Now you're going to think about it in your sleep."

"Whatever!" She mumbled, knowing he was right.

                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick ran after Emily and Daniel, they were all dolled up in their white outfits. Emily had her hair in pigtails and she was wearing a replica of her auntie BJ's dress. Daniel had his blonde hair in his face and was sporting a white suit just like his father. The children were having fun chasing the ducks around the small pond, Nick on the other hand, was in distress hoping neither one would fall in.

"They are adorable." Angel commented, hugging her brother. "You are looking handsome. Where is your date?"

He let out a sigh, "Daniel, don't get too close to that duck." Daniel didn't seem to hear his father, he tugged at the duck's tail and the duck quacked with all its might, wings flapping, feathers flying everywhere. "They are only adorable when sleeping."

"I swear that kid is just like you...torturing the animals and looking all cute. You seem a bit tense." She clasped a hand on his shoulder.

Nick ran his hand through his blonde hair, "Well...my date isn't here yet and Raidyn is coming with Adam. I'm not sure how I feel about all that."

Angel smiled. "I thought you were over her? Nick I've never been in love...so I'm not one to give advice. All I can say is that I believe that you and Ray were meant to be together. You guys need to put all the bullshit aside and just admit to each other that you're still in love."

"I am not!"

She patted his back. "Yeah...I guess it's obvious that Adam really loves her. I mean he stood by her at all times. You're right, just let him have her." Angel began to walk away.

Nick groaned, "That was really lame." His sister shrugged and kept walking. "Hey come on, the wedding is about to start...get over here." He ran after the toddlers.

Raidyn sat fiddling with her fingers as they drove into the gated community. The knots in her stomach were getting tighter the closer she got to the house. From afar she could see the limos and fancy cars dropping off people in front of the mansion. She couldn't expect anything less coming from BJ.