Foolish Games

Raidyn was all smiles as she sat on the bench. Out of the corner of her eyes she could see teenagers walking with their hands full of bags, and yapping with their friends. There were the small children running around like little wild creatures, mom and dad on the chase behind them.

"Hey beautiful" she heard the voice of a man and jumped into his arms as he stood in front of her.

"Ernie!" she piped, letting him go slowly. "I thought you weren't coming anymore" she smiled widely as she pulled down her shirt.

Ernie inspected her, he knew right away there was something wrong, although she had the brightest smile. His senses never failed him. "What is wrong? Who said or did it? Your dad? You know I should kick his ass...then again that's just not lady like" they both snickered.

He took her hand in his and they walked through the mall, "Well my dad does a great number. He hates me! Still blames me for what happened, that's what I think. If only he stopped to think that I miss her too." They stopped in front of a pretzel store.

Ernie kissed her forehead "Now, your dad is an ass! Then again maybe he's not over what happened...it hasn't been that long. Give him time. What else is bothering you? Want a pretzel it will make you feel better." he smiled at her with his perfectly aligned teeth.

She smiled back. Pretzel...with cheese. Yum! Wait I ate a grilled cheese this morning. That's enough! Plus I don't want to go back to that 'food makes you feel better' habit. "No thanks..." she nodded. She really wanted one, but she wouldn't give in.

They continued their walk as Ernie ate his pretzel with one hand and clung on to Raidyn with the other. "If it's any consolation I know your mother loves you, Mia does too, and of course I love you. We hate to see you in those depressive modes, it's not good for you. So spill it!" he raised an eyebrow and pierced her with his almond shaped brown eyes.

Raidyn let out a heavy sigh "There's a guy at my mom's job...he's beautiful, yet he has an ugly personality." she got a look from Ernie, "Did I mention he's beautiful...tall, blue eyes, nice smile." her eyes welled up, as she recalled the flirting between Mia and him, and the sloppy kiss after the party.

"What did he do to you? Let me guess he's a snob. Ugh!"

She smiled at Ernie as he continued throwing out guesses "No...none of those. I was just hoping that he would like me. He's a bit confusing...sometimes he is all nice and acts like there is something he wants to tell me. Then other times he just treats me like the fatty housekeeper I am. Then on Saturday we had to work a party at the house and Mia..." Ernie rolled his eyes at the name "Yeah... so at the end of the night I caught them in a full blown make out session."

"Ouch..." the twosome turned as they heard their names followed by a squeal "Oh speaking of the man eater..." they both giggled as Mia made her way over to them. "Hey there..." he greeted her as she kissed him on the cheek.

Mia embraced Raidyn quickly and made her way between them "So...we have a party tonight. I know it's Tuesday but people can party at any time. Oh I saved enough money to buy my dress...come on you guys I want you to come with me." she held onto their hands dragging them to 'Forever 21'

Raidyn and Ernie gave each other disgusted looks as they followed her into the store. Quickly she began scanning the place, grabbing shirts, shorts, skirts, pants, dresses. "Ok I'm going to try them on...wait here I need your opinion." she waltzed into the dressing room and continued yapping as the other two mocked her words.

"What is she on?" Ernie whispered to Raidyn, she just shrugged. "So where is this party at?" he hollered at Mia, as some girls quickly looked up at them.