Some Truth

Raidyn was thankful that darkness crept over early, no one would have to see her in such a ragged façade. She parked in front of the bank. Any minute Lora, the only person she could think of to help her, would step out of that door and give her a hand. To be on the safe side, she wiped the last traces of blood from her nose, straightened out her clothes and walked towards the ATM machine that was by the door and leaned her good shoulder against the wall. She waited. Stephanie waltzed out all smiles, the cheeriness disappearing as her eyes met with Raidyn's. She just continued walking, almost ignoring her presence.

Just my luck, no Lora today. Maybe I can at least get Adam to call her for me. If he talks to me, maybe I shouldn't even bother with him. I'll have to kiss up...oh lord I want to die...mental note. Give it a try later tonight.

"Ray?" Adam's concerned voice echoed through the lonely corridor with no sign of anger. "Are you alright?" he asked, standing in front of her.

She could imagine how she looked, her hair in a messy ponytail, her face tear stained. Some trace of blood on her face, no make up, and the same clothes as the day before, with blood all over. "I'm sorry..." her voice was shaky. "I was looking for Lora...do you happen to have her number? I need her to let me stay with her for a couple of days. My dad he..."

He stuck out his hand to touch her face, then hesitated. Opting to stuff it in his pocket and jingle his keys "I'm sorry Ray, but Lora was off today and won't be back in town till Monday. Look why don't you let me..." he gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

Raidyn flinched at his movement, the tears swelling her eyes again. With no Lora what would she do? "Uh...no that's ok. I can...just go..." she covered her face, hiding the stubborn tears. "This is all screwed up...it just keeps getting worse and worse." she said absentmindedly.

"Why don't you follow me back to my place. Then we can call your mom. Look I know I've been an ass, but I hate to see you like this Raidyn. I want to help you, I promise I will be good." she gave him a silent nod as she made way to her car.

                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a soft knock in the room Mia was staying at "Come in" she almost whispered sitting upon in the bed. Her face brightened at the sight of the familiar face.

"Hey...I thought I would sneak out and check up on you. How are you feeling?" AJ asked, taking a seat next to her, his fingers running through her hair.

She sniffled and wiped away the tears "Well...I'm fine I guess, just sore. I just want to know that Raidyn is ok. We should have just told her about the baby."

He sighed "It's too late to dwell on that Mia. Hopefully she will stop and listen to you guys one of these days. Just get some sleep Mia, you and the baby need to rest. I have a doctor coming tomorrow morning to check up on you. Have a good night!" She curled up into the fetal position, as he tucked her in and then turned towards the door.

"AJ..." she grabbed his arm, he turned back around to face her "If this baby IS yours? What's going to happen?" she waited with an anxious face.

AJ shrugged "Mia...I'm not sure what will happen. Beth wants us to get serious and..." she turned around abruptly, placing her hands under her cheek. "Oh come on Mia. You didn't think that if this baby is mine I'm going to marry you and become a daddy. I'm not like that. I mean I'll take responsibility for my mis..."

"Don't...say that word. Go home, you and your fake love for Beth." she muttered as he walked out and closed the door behind him.

AJ jumped at the eyes that were glaring at him "What are you doing here?" he swallowed hard.