Chances Are

Raidyn finished the transaction and thanked the customer, the days dragged on and she was out of it most of the time. It was unbelievable, that two weeks had already gone by, without seeing Nick, Mia, Ernie or her mother. None of them had bothered with a phone call, or a visit, but then again, neither did she. The phone ringing at her station made her jump, swiftly she picked it up, noticing the call was in-house.

"Hello" she spoke softly.

"Hey Ray, it's Adam..." quickly her gaze fell upon the office in the corner, her eyes met with his, and she felt a hint of nerves. "I need to see you in my office, please."

Raidyn cleared her throat "Ok, I'll be right there." her mind was buzzing with the possible reasons for him wanting to talk to her. She asked her boss for permission to step away from her station, and made way towards his office. With a soft knock, she made her presence known,, he looked up at her and gave her a half smile.

"Come in Ray..." he motioned her to sit in the chair across from him.

The lump of nerves in her stomach was growing by the minute "Thanks...um...did I mess up again, cause I'm sorry if I did. I've been trying to be..."

"Ray, I'm not sure how to tell you this." he flipped his pen around, with his fingers, and let out a sigh.

"Just say it!"

He stood up, walked over to the door and closed it. "Look Ray, I know that a lot of things have happened to you lately. That you're a little bummed about it all..."

Oh shit, he's going to fire me. Well, if he is, I wish he would just come out and say it, instead of beating around the bush. She rolled her eyes and stood up "Stop dragging it out and just say it. No, you know what...you don't have to. I'll go and clear out my station, no need..." she placed her hand on the doorknob.

"Jesus woman, I would like you to be my branch supervisor..." he blurted.

A smile grew across her face "Are you serious? I'm not qualified for that job Adam? Plus, Monica hasn't talked about moving from her position." she shook her head in confusion.

Adam cleared his throat "Yeah, that's the catch."

"I don't understand?"

                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dude this is a fucking waste of time. No one wants to hear my music...I've come to terms with it." AJ watched Nick, messing around with the bunch of knobs, testing out lights and sounds.

Nick stood up, and pushed him towards the door "Look man, I'm going crazy as it is, I don't need your ass whining to. Get in there, and let's make some music, someone is bound to like the demo. Alright?''

With a sigh, he settled into the comfy rolling chair, and watched AJ, reluctantly walking towards the mic.

Working with AJ had to keep his mind off of Ray, because the gym wasn't doing it for him. No matter how hot he found Angela, she didn't keep him from thinking of her. A tap on the glass, brought him back to the moment. AJ mouthed the words 'hurry the fuck up' and went back to his spot behind the large microphone.

"Sorry...shit!" he mumbled. He was hoping that it would take him all day to get this one song. No, he knew it would take all day, especially, with his mind constantly wandering. Plus, there was an annoying, hormonal pregnant woman back at his house, that he wasn't dying to have contact with. He shook away the thoughts, and decided to put all his attention on the beats and AJ's voice.

                                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raidyn's mouth was slightly open in surprise as she studied Adam's face, it was mostly to make sure he wasn't joking. The opportunity sounded great, she needed a change in her life, but there was one big catch, and she didn't know if she liked it. Was this opportunity really what she wanted?