Odd Day

A week later Nick and AJ drove around in the golf cart, over the small mounds and through the green grass. They both hopped out and grabbed their equipment and walked towards their game.

Nick leaned forward on his club as he watched AJ getting ready to hit his ball. "I can't believe that you told her that...I know you're an ass, but that was harsh."

AJ swung up and then stopped to look over at Nick "Well I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to be responsible for some twenty four year old chic being pregnant...I'm not a daddy kind of guy. You know that, she doesn't even know whose it is...out of the three of us. Plus Beth would kill me." he swung the club over his shoulders and brought it back down, hitting the ball and sending it flying.

"Yeah well if she wants to keep the baby, shouldn't you support her. I do...I'm just praying it's yours..." Nick snickered, then frowned "Cause if it's mine..." he sighed "There goes Raidyn."

"Ha...you think she isn't already going to be pissed cause you and Mia never told her that you were a potential sperm donor. SPERM DONOR!!" he began to laugh.

Nick poked him with the club "Not funny! That poor girl has feelings too and you could have fooled me the way you were eyeing her at the club the other night."

"Whatever. Hey speaking of club, I'm playing at house of blues next weekend. You're coming, right?"

"Yeah sure, I'll tell Raidyn if you don't mind...I just rather not be around single women...alone" Nick swung, sending his ball flying in the same direction as AJ's.

"Afraid you might cheat again...it's your nature Nick Carter you're a cheater. Look at poor Melanie, she even had her boobs done for you. Tsk...tsk..." Nick just rolled his eyes and hopped into the cart.

"Shut the hell up and get in!" Nick shouted starting to drive off.

                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raidyn chewed on her pen as she waited in her new supervisor's office, the bank was nice and spacious. It had a small area with three cubicles around a small lobby and a big office in each corner. On the opposite side was the teller line, with seven different people. Her new boss was a young black woman with long hair and a soft smile, her name was Monica.

As she continued to observe all her soon to be co-workers, her stomach was winding into knots. Oh god! I haven't had a job like this in so long, what if I don't know anything. I'm really doubting this, look at those girls, they are all thin and beautiful...now I'm going to be known as 'the fat teller who helped me the other day'...ugh! Raidyn that is enough...think positive damn it!

"Ok Raidyn I have assigned Stephanie to train you, you will stand behind her for a couple of weeks and little by little you will be able to do transactions with her. Ok! Now don't be nervous, most of the people we get in here are very nice. Come with me and I'll introduce you to everyone." She stood up and opened the door for her.

Raidyn walked out, taking a deep breath and fixing her white blouse, and her black slacks. In the cubicles sat two women and one man, they were older and by the time she was walking into the teller area she had forgotten their names. "Everybody, this is Raidyn, she is going to join our team. Raidyn, this is Michael, Lora, Susan, Melissa, Eddie, Mat and this is Stephanie." She smiled and waved timidly as they responded some with smiles others with waves, the Stephanie girl with a glare.

After meeting them all, her day started by following Stephanie who at times seemed to ignore that she stood there. Chatting about diets and being afraid of gaining weight with the fancy women and flirting with the cute men that came up to her window. Raidyn wondered at times, if she did it on purpose, the talking about being fat like it was a violation of some sort. I thought Mia was a handful. As if having one of these at home isn't enough.