The Date

The week had gone by quickly, but slowly without getting to talk to Raidyn much, his father had made sure to keep him busy. So busy he hadn't been able to mention anything about his new girlfriend. He rested his head on the seat, the flight would be a while. He sighed, recalling his encounter with the sexy blonde, a childhood friend. Closing his eyes and encouraging himself to never let it slip.

Saturday afternoon, he knocked on the door softly, this time he was very nervous. He knew what he had done and there was no way to forget it, he'd been trying. The door opened and there stood a tall and buff man, his hair was going gray and his chin was full of fuzz. "Can I help you?" the man asked indifferently, looking at Nick up and down.

He cleared his throat "Uh...I'm looking for Raidyn?" he said, stuffing his sweaty hands into his pockets. She was right, her father was intimidating, he was no taller than him but he was scary.

"Is she here?"

The man looked into the house and mumbled something in Spanish "Wait here..." he muttered, leaving Nick standing outside on the small porch.

Raidyn folded her clean clothes and put them away, along with Mia's. Her radio blasted a soft love song, as she sang along. She jumped at the door swinging open and her father standing in the doorway. He didn't even look at her "There is a guy here...wants to see you. I don't want no..." he began.

She quickly threw the clothes on the bed and fast paced out of the room, hollering over her shoulder, "I know what I'm doing dad!" She ran up to Nick and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Your back...it felt like months!" she sighed, giving him a soft kiss.

He deepened the kiss and then they parted. She smiled as he caressed her cheek with the side of his hand. "Ray, I missed you." he kissed her again and then noticed the man staring at them from the hall. "Uh...your father scares the living shit out of me." They both turned to look at the man that quickly walked away.

"Oh he just looks like that...he's not violent anymore." She smiled, hugging him tightly.

"Uh listen I have to go, I just wanted to see you. I have something to do right now, but later tonight I would like for you to meet me at Universal City Walk right where that big...is it a ball or something. You get me right?"

She nodded "Yes I know what you're talking about." she giggled, kissing him again.

"See you later, baby." He doubled stepped down the stairs.

                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night Raidyn sat in her towel, trying to decide what to wear. He hadn't even told her what they were going to do. Just as she put on her undergarments there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," she said, wrapping herself with the towel again.

Mia poked her head through the door "Hey..." she seemed to be in a lighter mood tonight. "I just...I'm sorry for being such a bitch these days. I just..." she thought about telling her, she was the only person to trust.

"What Mia? Are you ok?" Raidyn asked, cocking her head to the side.

"Nothing I just wanted to give you this...Ernie came by earlier and you were sound asleep said not to wake you up." She handed over the box. "He said he was going to school for some interviews and tours in Texas. That he would be back for your birthday." she smiled weakly handing over the box.

Raidyn ripped the box open and stood frozen as she saw the pretty dark blue and pink halter dress. "Wow it's beautiful but I can't wear this." she nodded her head "It's our first date and I don't want to look..."