Happy New Year

Raidyn stared at the ring on her middle finger it was a gold band, its tiny diamonds sparkled as she wiggled her fingers. She was more intrigued with the ring, than checking herself out in the mirror. It was yet another gift from Nick, only he had bought one just like it for himself, which at some extent frightened her. Why would he give me a ring? It's not an engagement ring, just a promise ring. I guess it's a good thing right? Yeah, definitely a good thing, unlike this dress. Ugh.

She had pinned her hair up in ringlets, and had applied just enough make up. What had really startled her was how easy the size 12 deep magenta lace dress had slipped on so easily. Finally she looked up at herself, there was a slight change in her body, but she wanted more. Her nerves were getting the best of her tonight, she knew there would be all kinds of people at Tara's New Years eve party.

Her door swung open, Mia waltzed in wearing a long black chiffon dress that accentuated her belly "God those two are so childish...oh my god, you look amazing!" Mia stopped, staring at Raidyn.

"Oh please..." Raidyn rolled her eyes and ran her hand over her stomach "It's still all there, just smaller I guess I can say. Wow, look at you." she walked over placing a hand over Mia's overly swollen belly.

Mia groaned "Yeah look at me I'm a turkey...gobble gobble. I can NOT believe I'm this big, and sooo uncomfortable. Every move they make I feel it in my ribs." she held her side and sighed. "Other than that the night is going just fine, I'm so happy that AJ is spending New Years eve with us and he's sober."

Raidyn smiled "You really love him don't you." Mia nodded with a shrug "He'll come around. I can almost guarantee Beth doesn't love him and obviously he doesn't love her." she shrugged and gave Mia's shoulder a squeeze "Oh changing the subject and don't say anything yet. I was thinking that...um well...that we should move into an apartment. I think I can afford it now. What do you think?"

Mia's mouth slightly dropped "Uh...you don't like it here anymore? I mean there are no worries here, and you know what your man is doing all the time. Do you really want to do that?"

"Look it's nice to live here and have Nick by my side all the time, but I hate that he pays everything and well I think we can make it on our own. Oh I shouldn't have said anything, don't worry about it right now." she put an arm around a still stunned Mia and they walked out of the room. "Let's go party."

Nick gave AJ a shoulder nudge, making him stumble over "You fucker..." he put his fingers back to work on the colored keys on the guitar. "Damn cheater...that's why you beat me all the time"

The rock song blazed through the plasma TV's speakers, Nick danced around at the announcement on the screen that once again he was the Guitar Hero top scorer. "In your face, I kicked your ass once again. Just admit it AJ you suck!!" His eyes sprang over towards the hallway, where Mia and Raidyn appeared to be in a deep humor filled conversation. "Holy shit" he mumbled.

"What?" AJ asked putting away the guitar, he turned to look at what Nick was staring at. "Damn!" he said, looking at both girls up and down. "Is that Ray?" he snickered, causing Nick to have a hand fly at the back of his head "What? It was just a joke...sheesh!"

"Hey...um...wow...err...uh..." Nick scratched the back of his head, unable to get out the words he wanted too.

Raidyn giggled and walked over to hug him "Hey babe you look handsome." she looked him over, in his usual 'going out' get up. Black slacks, a black button shirt and gelled up hair, only this time he wore a black tie with an elf hanging on the end. She couldn't help, but giggle and kiss him softly.

He grinned "Thanks, but you...you look incredible" his hands curled around her waist, pulling her in for a deep kiss. He pulled away, cupping her cheek in his hand and pressing his mouth lightly against hers one last time "Alright let's make like sheep, and get the flock out of here." he held her hand as they made their way out the door.