Moving On

Raidyn sat outside staring at the cars driving by. It had been a whole month and there was no news from Nick. Not one call, email or letter. She couldn't lie to herself, it still hurt, but it wasn't as bad as the first two weeks. She'd fallen back into her routine and it took up a lot of her time and brain power, leaving her minimal time for sad thoughts. Not to mention that Adam was by her side most of the time, especially since his honeymoon had been cut short due to Hannah's modeling.

"So did you decide if you're still going to BJ's wedding?" Adam broke her concentration.

She looked up at him with a glare, "Of course! I'm not a chicken...anyways I've moved on."

Adam snorted, then groaned when Raidyn's fist connected with his shoulder. "Ow! I'm just saying that it's going to be awkward if he already has a new person. Don't you think?"

"No! I can handle myself. Anyways, if he's moved on with someone that can accept him with two kids, then good for him. Right? I mean...ugh...shut up already Adam isn't your Hannah waiting for you?"

Adam stood up and dusted himself off. His crystal blue eyes scanned Raidyn, it was something that always made her nervous. She didn't understand why he still looked at her with such intensity. He is married now. "Fine then...I'm leaving. Just think about it...imagine the attention you will get showing up with someone as handsome as me." He snickered.

Raidyn rolled her eyes as she stood up to head back into her apartment. "Oh you would definitely like the attention wouldn't you. You are such an attention WHORE!"

Adam let out a chuckle, stuffed his hands in his pockets and headed down the street. She watched him until he disappeared around the corner. Never did she imagine that such a hunk would still be in her life, they'd been through so much together and he was always there for her. No matter what.

Why didn't she just choose him in the first place? Adam had always made her stomach coil and she found him more than attractive. Plus, that one night she'd spent with him had been pretty intense...so intense, that if she wasn't so focused on fixing her relationship with Nick she would have given into a repeat.

You're going off track Raidyn. She had a new problem on her hands...it was deciding on attending or not attending the famous BJ wedding. And on top of that was the decision of attending the big bash on her own, or with someone that could cause a bit of chaos. All she knew was that there wasn't much time for her to sit around and dwell on it. She had to make a decision, and fast.

                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick dried off his face slowly with the paper towel as he stared at the dark bags under his eyes. The lunch date that his mother had set him up on was a total disaster. Had she not bothered to find out a couple of things about Elsa, like the fact that she was a boring librarian, who had four cats, admitted to crying during sex and confessed to hating children.

There was no way in hell he'd let his mother set him up on another blind date, ever again.

Although there'd been that pretty blonde he'd gone out to lunch with. What was her name again? He couldn't remember at the time, but she'd been the most interesting date he'd had in a whole month. She was pretty, sounded very smart and even had a little three year old boy of her own. The only problem with that was, she had never called him back after their date.

"Oh well...gotta keep looking I guess." he said to his reflection. He returned to the table and fumbled on his words as he told Elsa that he had an emergency with one of the twins. That he'd have to leave her early. She smiled pleasantly and let him know there was no problem, it seemed she was in just as an uncomfortable state as he was.