So Dumb

Raidyn smiled widely "I was so scared, those bastards were going to throw me in that humongous pool." She took a seat on the counter of Ernie's check out stand. "He saved me from them...then he kissed me, Ernie. He actually kissed me!"

Ernie folded some clothes that were on his counter as he squealed "Oh my goodness I seriously missed a party then. So he likes you not her..." he sighed as if he was the one kissed. They both stared at nothing day dreaming.

"Oh shit!" Raidyn hopped off the counter "Shit it's late. I gotta go with mom again today...at least I get to see him" she smiled widely. "Oh man, you think it will be weird?" she bit her lip.

"Why would it be? Oh Ray, no you didn't. You ran away didn't you?" Ernie dramatically placed the back of his hand to his forehead and let out a squeal. "You really killed it!"

"Well you know I'm not good with men...I panicked and before he could say anything I was almost running to the car. I hopped in and left Mia there too...not that she even noticed. This morning she was apologizing to me about not doing anything to help me. It's such a love/hate relationship with her. Bye Ernie, I've gotta go." she waved as Ernie waved back, smiling away.

She entered the house, her mother sat at the table, calmly sipping a bowl of soup. "About time hija...come drink some chicken soup." she patted the table, as she stood up and served a bowl. "How was that party last night?" she asked, taking a seat next to her daughter.

Raidyn's stomach flipped at the memory of the previous night. At first it had been awkward and later it got even more awkward. "Not much to it mom, it was just a pool party. Your Mia was the center of attention as always...and that's that." She felt on her mouth, remembering Nick's lips against hers. Now I definitely have to lose weight. A week down with minimal food and those pills should do it. She watched the soup drip from her spoon, wanting to take a sip. Instead she busied herself swirling the soup in the bowl.

"Earth to Raidyn." her mother waved her hand in her face "I was asking if you're still coming with me today?" she continued to sip on her soup.

Raidyn smiled. No way she would pass up the chance to see him again. It was his last two weeks staying at the Dorough's, after that who knew when she would see him. "Yeah, definitely."

                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick followed Leigh "So when is he coming back. Jeez, is he buying the house for himself or is he selling it. I have shit to talk to him about." he slouched onto the couch, with a loud and frustrated sigh. "AJ doesn't understand a thing I tell him."

Leigh stood over him "Oh come on Nick you're acting like a child. The paperwork hasn't gone through for the buyers and he is also showing another house. He'll be back sooner than you think. You can talk to me." she said ruffling his hair like a child.

Nick stood up "Fine...what if you like someone, but everyone else doesn't? You know because of their looks." he raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer.

Leigh thought for a moment "Well if you like her then who cares what everyone else thinks. I mean a quick example: a lot of people didn't want Howie to marry me, apparently I wasn't good enough. He didn't give a hoot what they said. He married me." She smiled proudly "Why do you worry about these things, Ugh is it Bob? I'm sorry but your dad is such a dick! I say just go with your heart and this head." she smacked his head lightly and walked out the door.

Nick plopped back on the couch rolling his eyes, "That was helpful." he thought out loud. There was a knock and he answered the door "Tara" he greeted her with a hug and she waltzed in like it was her house. "What brings you here?" he closed the door and walked behind her.