My Ray

The day she wanted the drive to be long, it had felt so short, she was already in the driveway and Adam's truck was parked. With a sigh she unlocked the door and entered slowly. The house looked empty, Ernie nor Adam were anywhere in sight. Hum...maybe Adam decided that being gay is the best for him and they both decided to run away with each other. Adam gay...hell no! she giggled, and then screamed at the top of her lungs as she felt a pair of hands on her shoulder.

"Damn someone is jumpy." Adam said, flipping the living room light on. His eyes locked with Raidyn's, she was scowling at him. "Holy shit Ray! What happened to you?" he asked, walking over to the freezer and taking a bag of frozen vegetables.

"I'm fine really. Where is Ernie?" she questioned with a cold tone.

He walked over to her and placed the bag over her eyes, even though she protested. "Would you stop! This will help the swelling. Ernie had to go home, he said that he would see you later. Now who the hell popped you?"

Raidyn yelped as he nudged the bag into her eye, pain vaulted through her body. "I thought I told you that we were no longer friends."

"Yeah so..."

"So don't talk to me like you care..." she snatched the bag from his hands. He was about to answer her, when the doorbell rang.

Nick pushed and pushed the doorbell. They weren't answering the door fast enough and all he wanted was to know that Ray was ok and that she would be going home with him today. Then he started thinking maybe Adam would be sly and they would make up and that would lead to something else. He knew Adam damn well and if Ray was suffering, he would make sure to try and make her feel better, his way again. The thought of them together, made him continue to ring the doorbell.

Adam made way to the door "Hold on jeez..." he peeked through the window and turned to Raidyn "Yup it's Nick...he looks ANXIOUS!" he grinned mockingly.

She looked up at him with the vegetable bag in her hand "What the hell is he doing to here?" she looked through the peephole all the while the doorbell continued to ring.

"Let me open before he fucks up my doorbell. Listen Ernie called him and he packed your things..." his gaze dropped to the floor "He thought you would be better off. Plus I think that is what you want...so...here he is. Your prince charming, he's in a mustang...it counts as a horse." Adam tried to laugh, but he failed and decided to open the door. "Hey..."

"Where is she?" Nick entered, like he was a cop. He looked straight at her, her eyes darkening. She was leaning against the wall. "Ray..." he almost whispered, as she slowly looked up at him and he gasped.

Adam continued with his mocking grin "I didn't touch a hair on her...she got in a struggle with...who was it again?" he looked over at her, waiting for an answer.

Raidyn huffed and walked towards the twosome "Stephanie and I got her too...you know!"

"Stephanie?" Nick rolled his eyes, imagining what the brawl was all about. "Oh god Ray...look it's about to rain, how about we get out of here?"

She looked at Nick and then at Adam. Those crystal eyes wouldn't greet her in the morning, and that smile wouldn't make her day better anymore. There really wasn't a reason for her to stay with him any longer, he had broken her trust. This was her chance to work things out with Nick, who stared at her with a confused look on his face.

Raidyn walked to her room and picked up the two bags, and sighed as she looked at her guest room. She was tempted to take the frame on the nightstand. That karaoke night had been a blast, and she looked happy. She opted to leave it and with a deep sigh closed the door.