Long Time Coming

Raidyn stared at herself in the mirror, the dress wasn't her usual style, but she did live in New York now. Where having style was a must, big or small. Plus, Adam's family and her new posh friends had insisted that she look exceptional for the big night. Even though everything had changed for her, from her look, to her friends and job, she still had her normal Raidyn moments, where her self esteem got the best of her. And right then, was one of them. Letting out a loud sigh, she straightened out her dress and walked out to the reception.

So many months have gone by...I'm ready for this. I'm ok with this...

She stood there for a second, watching the crowd of mingling people. She couldn't believe how many people had shown up; at some point Adam had been slightly worried that the guest list had been too short and too long, that everything was happening so fast. Raidyn had assured him that everything would be ok. 

Everyone was fancy, the men in their nicely pressed tuxedos and suits, and the women in their fancy dresses and heels. Some were mingling by the bar. Others were at their tables, in fits of laughter and others just stood around in clusters, talking away. She could already imagine their conversations, about nothing that interested her, that's how it had always been.

The ceremony hadn't been long and she was happy that it was over with. Although she had been really nervous, without knowing why, seeing Adam smile helped her get through it. As she continued to scan the place, her eyes fell upon the tall man in his tux, and his eyes locked with hers. He sent a warm smile her way and she felt her stomach flip. Quickly she looked away, and her eyes widened at the sight of the big white cake that was in the corner.

If only I could sit there and stuff my face with that cake. Ugh! I haven't had thoughts like that in months. She suddenly became conscious of herself and immediately placed a hand over her stomach. I think a walk would do me good. No one will miss me anyways.

Her eyes wandered around the huge garden, she couldn't believe how many flowers adorned the place, or how many tiny sparkling lights lit the place up. Even though she was a good distance from the group of people, she could still hear their muffled voices.

"Is everything alright?" she heard the familiar voice, and she couldn't help the big smile forming on her lips. "I thought you would be happy today!"

She spun around, giving him a playful glare, "I am...it's just that..." her mind traveled back to the last time she had seen everyone, whom she cared about. There had been no news of Mia, except that she had given up the babies to Nick, and wanted nothing to do with them. And she only knew that...because Nick Carter...son of Bob Carter, becoming a single father of twins, had been a hot topic on the net, news, and in magazines. At some point she had felt really bad for him, the couple of times that she had seen his pictures or he had appeared on TV, he looked stressed and pretty worn out. Ernie had somehow found her, and had sent her letters the first couple of months, but her anger towards everyone, had only made her ignore them.

Adam's arms around her brought her back from the daze she was in. "I'm slightly jealous that you are still thinking of him." His big blue eyes, bored into hers.

"I know...and I'm sorry...I know today is a really important day." With warm redness creeping onto her cheeks, she shook her head. "Why don't we go back to the guests...?"

He cupped her face, and ran his thumb over her skin, then bent down to place a kiss on her cheek. "You know that...well...that I..." " just as he was about to finish his sentence, a girly voice broke them from their hug. The twosome blushed, as they turned to look in the direction from where the voice had come from.

                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick ran around the house, picking up all the toys off the floor. Tripping over a small blonde boy, he cursed a storm, but smiled, when he caught a pair of blue eyes gazing at him. "It was a lot better when you stayed in one place...Daniel." He ruffled Daniel's hair and continued with his cleaning, the child trailing behind him. Every toy Nick put away, Daniel would take back out. "No little man...we have to clean up. We have a party...remember?" he sighed "Sure you remember...!" he huffed and walked into the kitchen.