Make It Right

Saturday came and went uneventful, along with Sunday. Raidyn and Adam had stayed in the house, watching movies and playing video games, not wanting to face the world just yet. The awkwardness that Raidyn had feared after her encounter with him never surfaced and she was thankful. Although Sunday evening he turned quiet and very thoughtful, which made her slightly uncomfortable.

Although she was still angry with Nick, she missed him terribly and she did feel guilty for doing what she had. "You're thoughtful." Adam's voice broke her concentration.

"Oh I was just..."

"Thinking of Nick..." he said sharply, like it hurt that she would still think of him.

Raidyn looked at him a little startled, they were on their way to the bank. The dreadful Monday morning to start off a new week. "No...actually I wasn't thinking about him, I was thinking about...Ernie and how the asshole hasn't even called me yet. What in the world could be happening with him? Are you sure that..." she began.

"No...I told you already Ray, Dave hasn't called me ok. Jeez" she was a little startled at his lack of patience this morning, maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. There was silence as they hopped out and headed for the doors.

"Adam" she grabbed his arm "Is something bothering you? You're a little edgy this morning."

He rolled his eyes and pulled away from her "I'm fucking fine Ray. Alright. Try not to fuck up anything today." By the time they got to the glass doors, Stephanie was standing with the door half open for them, a wide grin on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick set off for his usual walk, he was sad that Angel was gone. She brightened up the house and kept everything in peace, between Mia and him, the whole weekend they had been at each other's throats. Once over the control, and another because she had requested McDonalds in the middle of the night. "Let's go Iggy." he whistled to the dog as he started jogging disappearing in the morning mist.

Mia made way to the kitchen, after enduring her bathroom visit from her daily morning sickness. She was only two months and a half and felt like she was carrying a watermelon inside of her. "Fuck" she muttered staring at her swollen feet.

"You gonna use that language around that baby?" the voice startled her, but she recognized it right away "Oh sorry! Didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh yeah that smirk tells me otherwise. What brings you around here?" she popped a prenatal vitamin into her mouth.

"Two different things...Beth and I..." she rolled her eyes at the mention of Beth's name "We were researching for paternity tests and they have this one that you can do while pregnant. They just draw your blood and they take saliva or hair from the potential fathers, it takes about two weeks to find out. I'll pay for it, I just need it to happen ASAP." he rubbed his neck, waiting for her to ask him what the hurry was.

"Oh wow! You're definitely anxious to find out huh? Well that sounds good..." she was hoping he wouldn't catch on that his rush bothered her. "May I ask what the rush is?" she tried smiling.

He took a deep breath and drew close "Mia, I would love to be the father of this baby, but what would happen after that you know. Things with you are never certain, at least that's what I've seen. I know that you are doing good, now that you know that you're pregnant. It's just that..." he rambled on.

"Just say it AJ...come out and say it." just as she demanded, Nick walked in the door, Iggy trailing behind. "Nick! AJ has something important to tell us and he found out how we can get a paternity test while I'm still pregnant and he's going to pay for it. Isn't that great. You guys are going to be rid of me very soon..." she choked, walking away.