Not the Father

AJ sat next to Mia watching her sleep, he caressed her head and took her hand in his "I'm sorry Mia..." he whispered. Just as he gently put her hand down, the door opened and stormed Raidyn, Nick and Ernie.

"What happened? Is she alright?" Ernie asked, standing at the foot of the bed.

Raidyn ran her hand over Mia's face "What about the baby? Is everything ok with the baby?"

AJ nodded "I don't know I'm still waiting...the doctor hasn't come back. He just told me that she was doing fine and he was waiting for some results." he sighed heavily, rubbing his temples.

A doctor stepped into the room "Good evening, I'm Dr. Gerrick. Are you Mrs. Gonzalez's family members?" he looked around.

Raidyn stepped up to him "I'm her sister, and these are her friends. Are they ok doctor?" she asked, fidgeting with the string of her dress. "Please tell me the baby is ok?"

The doctor smiled "I'm happy to inform you that both of them are doing well. She seems to be a little depressed, maybe stressed about something which caused her blood pressure to go up. The abdominal pains could be due to a tumor that I see in her ultrasound."

"What? A tumor...is it bad?" Raidyn asked, concerned.

"It's not as big, it's around her cervix, which makes her have pains. We are hoping that it doesn't grow...if it does, she'll be put on bed rest. Other than that she is healthy and so is the baby. I would suggest keeping her from having emotional stress. Babies feel everything mom does and she is still in a vulnerable state. So we need her to get lots of rest and keep her from worrying so much. Other than that, like I said she is doing well and so is the baby. She can go home once she wakes up.."

Everyone thanked the doctor and watched him exit the room. Ernie chewed on his nails as he watched Raidyn glaring at AJ. Nick stood next to her and squeezed her shoulder, distracting her from scolding AJ.

"I'm going to get her some water, it will be the first thing she asks for." Ernie said, he looked at Raidyn "Ray come with me please...come on" they linked hands and exited the room.

AJ sighed "She wants to kill me doesn't she...damn it! This is my fault. I don't know what to do anymore...this is a big mess." he kept rambling while Nick sat on a chair on the opposite side of the room. "Beth is going to kill me too..." he sighed hard.

Nick looked at him "Well you better make up your mind soon. You're either going to have to leave the bride to be or Mia! Make a choice...you can't keep them both. I wont allow it as long as Mia is in my house. I wont put the baby, that could be mine in danger AJ." His expression was serious.

"That's not fair...what if the baby is yours?" AJ grunted.

Before Nick could answer him, Mia opened her eyes and looked into AJ's. "What happened?" she questioned looking around, realizing that she was in the hospital protectively her hands flew to her stomach and she looked at AJ with terror "MY BABY! What happened...please tell...me...MY BABY" her breathing elevated.

AJ held her down "The baby is fine Mia..." he spoke softly, but she kept trying to get up "Mia...please listen to me...look at me. The baby is ok" he said the last sentence slowly. She laid back down, but still looked at him doubtingly "Where is Ray?" she asked, looking around for her.

Nick leaned over her "Hey...Ray went with Ernie to get you some water. You're ok Mia and so is the baby...Raidyn will explain the rest to you at home. Ok?"

"The rest?" she questioned her brows furrowed with confusion.

"Yeah, nothing major. I promise." he gave her a reassuring smile as she eased back down onto the pillow to wait for Raidyn.