2.

MYRA

"I would like someone kind and nurturing," I started.

"Kind and nurturing," The moon goddess noted.

"But at the same time, aggressive and ruthless," I imagined. It was contrasting, but oh, it lit up a fire inside me. I hadn't thought about this properly before. This was the first time I was thinking about my likes and dislikes in a person.

Otherwise, I generally dated whoever I found mateless, and that was a minuscule population that was constantly dwindling. So I didn't really ever have a choice. I went with whatever I got, and that always ended up in me being dumped and feeling hurt.

"Aggressive," The moon goddess muttered, a strange infliction in her voice. I didn't pay much attention to that and continued.

"I want someone who will treat me like I am the most fragile thing on this earth, but at the same time, I want them to be rough and overly possessive with me.

I want someone who would let me be myself but, at the same time, call me out on my shit and set me straight whenever I cross any line.

I want someone who praises but punishes me, too.

I want someone who burns for me but at the same time cannot live without me.

I want someone who craves me so much that it'll hurt them to live without me for even one day.

I want someone who sees my best and worst and yet accepts me with an open heart.

I want someone who makes my heart flutter, and pussy ache every time I look at them.

I want someone who supports me no matter what.

I want someone who will follow me to hell if that's the place I wish to go.

I want someone who's so obsessed with me that their only goal in life is to please me, pleasure me, and make me quiver with need every time they touch and look at me because my need for them is their only source of sustenance.

I want someone who makes me laugh every day and makes me cry with pleasure every night for the rest of my life.

I want someone who is generous and giving, but they are greedy when it's their turn to derive pleasure.

I want someone who worships me like their life depends on my blessings but at the same time ravages me like they own every part of me.

I want someone who loves me so much that I feel so full every fucking time,"

I was still surprised to feel the presence of the goddess behind me when I was done speaking. I thought she might have left in the middle because no one had any time for a crying camilla like me, but she was there, listening, and it gave me some sort of comfort.

It'd be okay if I didn't end up getting what I wanted, but for once, I was glad that I was able to get the all off my chest instead of just burying it down and only wishing. At least now, I knew that I had asked even if I didn't end up with it.

"Hmm... that's quite a lot," the moon goddess commented, a hint of something unreadable in her voice. I tilted my head to the side to listen more closely to her. "But I hear you,"

"Thanks for listening," I sighed deeply.

"I will see what I can do," She told me, her voice hardened all of a sudden, "But I have a condition,"

I froze.

A condition.

Of course. What did I expect? That I could just summon a goddess and ask her for a mate, and that will happen all like that? No. Everything came at a price.

"What condition?" I asked.

"It's simple but might not be easy for you..." she trailed off, her voice somewhat unfocused. "Whatever I must give you, you shall accept without a question,"

I found her words strange. Everyone accepted their mates. I had hardly heard of rejections. They happened, but they were quite rare, and for a moment, this made me wonder if I would end up being one of those unfortunate select few who end up getting rejected.

Suddenly, my heart ached. No. I wouldn't be able to take that. Every relationship I've ever had so far has always ended bitterly for me. Whether it be friends, family or my couple of boyfriends. Everyone always left me. What was the guarantee that my mate wouldn't? The idea scared me.

Why cannot I just catch a break for once? What did I do to deserve such pain and loneliness?

"I will accept my mate," I told her sternly, earning a mocking laugh from her. At that moment, I wondered if I was doing the right thing by asking her to pair me. I didn't miss the cruel tone in her laugh. Was this her way of giving me new sources of pain in my life?

"You must keep your word," She stated darkly, taking a step closer to me. A chill ran down my spine. The energies oozing out of her subdued my senses and threatened to overpower me. I felt so weak at that moment that without realising it, I dropped to my knees.

"I...I will," I breathed, feeling light-headed. In response, she laughed that mocking laugh out loud until the voice echoed throughout the woods. The night air suddenly turned so chilly that it made me shiver. Black dots were starting to appear in my vision while the rest of my body started to feel weaker.

I collapsed on the floor, my head hitting the ground and pain seared through my head. My body seemed to be growing colder with every passing second, but at the same time, it felt like I was burning.

I had never experienced something like this before. As my consciousness continued to fade away, I felt the presence of the goddess lingering around me.

"Sleep my child," I heard her whisper as I swam in darkness, "Get all the sleep you can before they find you,"

They? Who was she talking about? What did she mean by that? I wish I could ask her that, but it was too late already.

~

lol, could you guess who her mates are going to be? comment!

read the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. Click on the "world icon" in my bio to be directed to my patreon page.

thanks for reading <3