35.

MYRA

After Hunter gave me the most mind-altering orgasm, he spent the rest of the time licking my pussy clean as if he was the thirstiest man alive. He licked every drop of my release, his tongue exploring my folds like an avid adventurer, not leaving anything unseen, untouched or unlicked. I loved it.

He allowed me to lay back and enjoy the slow, heated session, making me forget about everything in the world for those few moments. It felt like I was floating, flying through the clouds. My wolf was happy and content, and for once, I wasn't fighting her.

"My pussy cat," Hunter whispered, pulling me in his arms after he was done liking me. I whimpered and gave in to his touch quickly. I felt so safe and secure against him. It felt like nothing could go wrong in my life.

I sighed heavily as he set more small kisses over my neck and jaw before claiming my lips. I gave in quickly because I needed it. Spending time with him alone seemed to have filled me with more energy. My wolf was more active and awake, working faster at healing me.

I tried to tell myself that I was supposed to hate this. I was supposed to hate Hunter because he was Mateo's brother, but none of that seemed to matter anymore when I slowly drifted asleep, my cheek pressing against Hunter's chest while he held me preciously.

When I woke up next, I found myself alone, making me groan in frustration. I remained in bed, loving the heavy duvet's warmth and comfort while watching the snow fall outside.

I wanted to hate everything around me, but it was all so comforting, so... homely. I groaned and got up, feeling something buzzing on my left shoulder. Right, my cybernetic arm. I hadn't had the time to look at it properly.

I got it in front of me and examined the whole thing. It was made of titanium yet seemed as light as my other arm. It almost felt like a real arm after all the calibrations. The fingers moved naturally and as smoothly as muscles. It was an excellent combination of high technology and fine craftsmanship. I was thoroughly impressed with it.

I could even extend my arm if I needed something out of my reach. That was another pretty cool feature. A metal cast covered my left shoulder where the arm was attached. I got out of my bed and stood in front of the dresser mirror to look at myself.

I jumped back at my appearance. I almost couldn't recognise the girl I saw in the mirror, and it made me immediately question how Hunter found me attractive in this state.

My head had been shaved completely—I was aware of that, but I wasn't aware of the train of stitches that ran across the right side of my head. The wound was closed, but it was still healing. My skin looked paler than a ghost, my cheeks hollow, my eyes sunken, my lips discoloured, and all the soft features in my face were gone, making me look bony and ghostlike.

I had lost a lot of weight too. My collarbones looked extra sharp, and the veins in my throat were popping. I looked sick, and that made me feel self-conscious instantly. I stepped away from the mirror and went into the bathroom for a hot shower and to look at myself more closely.

I was merely a bunch of bones and skin. My perky boobs looked deflated and sad, my hip bones were out, and I could almost see my ribs. My eyes stung with tears as I stood under the shower. I cried silently for a while, not sure how to accept everything. Sure, my new arm was cool, but it wasn't my real arm, and I wasn't myself anymore. I didn't feel like myself in any fucking way.

Physically or mentally. It felt like I was in someone else's body, making me want to crawl out of my skin.

I did this to myself.

I could always blame the brothers for ruining my plans, but it was me, no matter whom I chose to blame. They said hatred was the most dangerous thing. It could destroy the person hating. I could've gotten killed easily, but instead, I lived, and this was in itself a huge lesson.

I stepped out of the shower and patted myself dry. I eyed the hospital clothes with distaste. They were decent but smelled strongly of medicines, which I hated. I stepped out of the bathroom in my towel and opened one closet door to see what was inside.

I was expecting it to be empty, which was why I gasped in surprise to find it filled with clothes. All new clothes. I quickly found a pair of comfy pants and a slightly oversized sweatshirt to wear and closed the closet. I didn't want to look at all those things yet. It overwhelmed me quickly.

I was afraid I'd grow too fond of the brothers quickly, which was dangerous for me. I still disliked the brothers, but Hunter felt like a good and fun guy I'd have loved to be around when I was young and filled with more life.

I wasn't sure if I could say the same about Mateo. Come to think of it, he was the biggest reason why I hated the brothers. After all, he had been the one to take away my most beloved person. I wondered if he was aware of it. I wondered if he'd be as eager to be with me after knowing my true identity and our families' bloody history.

I wondered if he'd hate me for being who I was. Not that it'd matter to me, but it mattered deeply to my wolf. This was the part that annoyed me.

Just taking a shower and clothing myself seemed to have immediately drained a lot of energy out of me. I headed towards the bed intuitively, yawing and feeling tired. I plopped down on the soft mattress but jumped back to my feet, feeling a sharp sting to my hip.

Then, I noticed a small red box on the bed. I hadn't seen it before, but I swear it wasn't there when I woke up and went to shower. Maybe someone snuck into my room and placed it here while I was showing.

I wondered who it could be as I eyed the box. I could tell from the packaging that it had some jewellery, but who could have placed it here? Hunter could've done it. Maybe he snuck in and let it here?

I opened the box to find a dainty pendant in it.

A dove.

I narrowed my eyes and searched around the room for the cameras. This had to mean something. However, I didn't find anything. My eyes went to the wallpaper instead, and I studied it briefly. Cats and birds. Cute. It took me a moment to register that the birds on the wallpaper were doves. White cats and doves.

The realization clicked, and my breath hitched when I realized who could've placed it here.

"Mateo," I whispered.

~
What do you think so far?

Read daily updates on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3