51.

MYRA

I could've never imagined that I'd feel so peaceful and protected while laying against Mateo. I had always thought he was a cold-hearted, ruthless brute who only cared about ruining other people to advance his interests. Well, to some extent, he was that kind of man, but I never knew he had soft she to himself.

He let me snuggle against him after all the kisses. I still wanted to continue kissing him, but I didn't. I was looking for something hot, fiery and passionate, but all he gave me were those gentle kisses. Not that they weren't great. I loved them, but I needed more, and at that moment, it felt like he was holding himself back. I could tell he was gentle with me because of my condition, which made me want him more.

"Do you want to sleep?" He asked when I yawned. His voice was low and husky, giving me all the butterflies.

"Are you going to stay?" I asked. I didn't want him to leave yet. I wanted him beside me. His presence had such a calming effect, and my wolf liked it. After staying away from one of her mates, having him by my side made her happier. She was awake, purring and working at healing me. She hadn't been so enthusiastic in a long time.

If only Hunter were here too, she'd have been over the moon to have both of her mates. But being with Mateo alone was fine, too. In fact, I relished this alone time with him. I couldn't keep running from him anymore. I needed to accept him and get used to him, and this was the beginning of that.

"I will if you want me to," He offered, his eyes set on my face fervently, waiting for a response.

"Then stay," I whispered, feeling shy for asking that. He smiled and nodded at me before pulling the covers over us. I settled back in his arms immediately, letting him spoon me.

I felt so content in his arms. I felt the same in Hunter's arms but in a different way. Hunter had a playfulness to himself that made me feel like a kid, but in a good way. Mateo's presence had a domineering aura that made me feel like I was well taken care of. It had a calming effect but, at the same time, a certain kind of tension.

I could feel all the tension in his body as he pressed against me. His muscles felt right, but most important of all, the massive bulge in his pants was hard to ignore as it poked at my ass. I felt Mateo adjusting his position to ensure that his hardness didn't poke me, but I didn't care. I snuggled deep against him until I could feel the whole length of his cock pressed against my thigh. If anything, this seemed to have made his body more tense.

I bit back my smile and pretended to be oblivious to the effect I was having on him. He blew a deep breath against my ear. Our position bothered him, but he hadn't said anything about it yet.

"Sleep," He whispered, pressing his hand over my chest where my heart was beating. I sighed, snuggling closer to him until I felt him grow more tense. But the teasing game could always be a double-edged sword. It could always backfire, and it was happening to me.

I felt more intrigued while feeling his cock pressed against my hip. I could tell his knot was bigger than Hunter's, making my walls clench in excitement. I wiggled again, feeling the size of his knot.

This time, he let out a tortured groan as he adjusted himself again so as not to poke me with his erection, but I had other plans.

"You're moving too much," I complained, facing him before pressing my front against his, tangling our legs. "I don't like that,"

"Sorry," He muttered, stilling like a statue as I pretended to sleep against him. I bit back another smile, slowly moving my hand down his pants. "Myra," he growled in warning when my fingers gently brushed against his bulge. I almost jumped out of my skin because his growl was loud, making the whole bed shake momentarily.

"What?" I asked innocently, searching his face to see if I had crossed any boundaries. So far, his face had a tortured look while his eyes were dark with desire.

"You know what you're doing," He growled, holding my hand and keeping it from roaming around his bulge. I bit my lower lip to fight the blush from staining my face. I had been caught red-handed, and there was no denying after this.

"Can I see you?" I asked, deciding to come clear. His eyes darkened, and a feral look took over his face. I could feel his whole body tense like a high-voltage electric wire.

"No," He answered, his voice deeper and guttural. Despite his answer, he was looking at me as if he wanted to devour me. And I wanted to be devoured so bad. He was holding himself back... but I didn't want him to.

"Okay," I pouted, settling back and giving him an innocent look. That did nothing to dissipate the tension in his body. If anything, he felt more tense against me. I could swear his muscles felt like a rock. The silence that followed next was deafening. I could tell he was thinking about it. Well, it served him well for turning down my generous offer.

After a few minutes, he put a finger under my chin and made me look at him.

"I didn't want to scare or upset you, Myra," He told me sincerely, his gaze burning hot on my face. I could practically hear him thinking about my request again and again. I could feel his wolf yearning for my touch. "Do you want to see me?" He asked with a bit of hesitancy.

"I want to see your knot," I told him, running my hand over his chest and slowly edging it towards his pants. "Please," I breathed, and that was enough to break him.

~

What do you think so far? Please comment and let me know.

Read daily updates and 30+ chapters ahead along with exclusive bonus scenes. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3