37.

MYRA

"You don't know what you're talking about," I told him, feeling overwhelmed by my emotions. It had been weeks since I had seen him. It felt like I had finally found a part of me that had somehow gone missing.

"I don't?" He questioned, watching me darkly, "Then tell me, Myra. Why must you keep pushing me away? Why do you keep ignoring me? Why do you hate me so much?" He pushed, "I want to know everything,"

I could burst into flames at that moment as my darkest memories flashed in front of my eyes, reminding me of all those years I had to spend orphaned and nearly homeless. The sense of loss I felt then made it seem like my life had ended and there was nothing left for me to live for.

It made me feel so alone, deserted, lonely and insignificant because the only people I mattered to were gone forever. It shattered me devastatingly forever. No matter how much I tried to be strong on the surface, my darkness always found a way to seep into the surface.

I wanted to yell at him, tell him how he ruined my life, how he took away everything from me, but nothing came out but tears. A knot formed in my throat, not allowing me to speak.

I blinked my angry tears as I glared at him, hating how he made me feel while still unaware of everything. I wanted to kill him, but at the same time, I wanted to kiss him because my body had its own needs, and at that moment, it needed Mateo desperately.

Mateo watched me quietly for a few seconds before climbing on the bed. I clenched the sheets around me, glaring, unmoving from my place, as he continued to close the distance between us.

"I... I didn't want to make you cry," He whispered, wiping a tear down my cheek. My body heated up at his touch immediately, and I flung myself into him, claiming his mouth fiercely.

This surprised both of us, but before I could pull back, his arms went around me, and his lips captured mine, resulting in fireworks of sparks. There was a fierce hunger in his kiss that threatened to consume me all at once.

It scared me, but at the same time, it gave me a thrill I had never felt before. I felt my whole body thrumming alive. My wolf was finally joyful to be with her other mate.

I pulled back, gasping for breath, but Mateo instantly claimed my lips back, stealing my breath away. I squirmed under him as he consumed me like wildfire, his body pinning mine against the bed.

His tongue fiercely traced my lips before he took my lips between his and sucked hard at my bottom lip, pulling a tortured moan out of my lips. My hands went into his hair, clutching it. I thought I was pulling him off me, but I deepened the kiss by pulling him closer and tilting my head to the side so he could have better access.

I was desperately grinding myself against him, burning for him. My connection with Hunter was also intense, but it wasn't as urgent as it was with Mateo. I guess it was because Hunter usually spent much time with me while Mateo was always away, making me feel his scarcity. This made my wolf want to claim him as fast as possible, afraid that he'd go away soon and I'd be left with nothing.

The thought of him leaving troubled me in a way it shouldn't. I groaned against his lips, grinning myself against his body, feeling every part of his muscles. Even though his body was pressed against mine, it felt like we weren't close enough yet. I needed him bare until nothing was standing between the two of us.

Feeling the hardness in his pants worsened my yearning for him. I needed it so bad that it felt like I'd die without it.

I whimpered when he finally let go of my lips, letting me gasp for air. He hovered over me, watching me with eyes dark with lust and need. There was a tortured look on his face, telling me how much he missed me and how much it hurt him whenever I pushed him away.

I wanted to feel bad for him. I almost felt bad for doing such things; it made me feel guilty. The tears were back instantly as my darkest memories flashed in front of my eyes.

"I hate you," I hissed, burning with lust and anger. I didn't know I could experience both at the same time. My body was on fire, and I couldn't decide if it wished to be sated by his cum or his blood. "I will always fucking hate you," I hissed, digging my fingers into his scalp painfully, but he didn't wince a bit.

"Tell me why, Myra? What did I do to you?" He demanded, desperation laced in his voice.

"You dare ask me that after you destroyed everything?" I cried, pulling his hair. "You... you..." I was again at a loss of words. I wanted to tell him what he did. I didn't care about hiding this anymore. No. I wanted them to know who I was and to see their real face again.

I wanted to see if they'd be so lovey-dovey with me after finding out that I was the daughter of one of their oldest enemies. I wanted to know if the mating bond could push beyond that, but at the same time, I was afraid to find out. This could end in the worst ways.

"What did I do, Myra? Tell me," He urged, his lips hovering closer to mine while he looked pained. How dare he look hurt when he destroyed my family? "Tell me so I can do it right. I want to know, Myra," He growled.

"Can you bring back a dead person?" I snapped at him, and he froze, watching me in surprise.

"I would if that was possible," He told me, and I wanted to laugh at his face, but his words fuelled my anger. I wanted to hit him across the face. I wanted to hurt him so badly, yet I couldn't bring myself to do any of that because he was my mate.

"Then get the fuck out of here," I growled, pushing him away.

~

...things are getting hot....

Read daily updates on Patreon along with other steamy stories. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3