87.

HUNTER

I was apprehensive about going to Kersas because of numerous reasons. Primarily because it was close to Rikkard's Snow Court, I was sure our presence there would attract unwanted attention from him.

He already knew we were pursuing Morgan with the same keenness. Still, I didn't want him to know about any of the current developments because he'd end up getting too invested in our business, and that was the last thing I wanted to happen.

If he got too involved, he might discover the truth about Morgan, ultimately putting Myra in danger. I couldn't let that happen.

"I'm more worried about Rikkard than the possibility of Arika not being in Kersas," I told Mateo gingerly. I could tell he had the same thoughts but was eager to go to Kersas and find Arika. "Once he knows we're in Kersas, he's going to come down to see us," I added.

"I know," Mateo grunted, his face pensive, "But we cannot avoid going to Kersas. The only way we'll find out if Arika is there or not is by going there,"

"Yeah, that's another problem. We don't know where to look," I said, rubbing my chin.

"I'm thinking of calling the City Councillor and asking for all the details of the residents," Mateo said. I could tell that he was still profoundly thinking about it. He was the one who was good with things like this— dealing with the bureaucracy. My patience was too thin to deal with those people.

"And you think he'll just give it to you?" I asked.

"I'll wring it out of him if I have to, but I will get it somehow. Apart from that, I'm thinking of talking to Cedrik of the North Lune pack. His territory is close enough to Kersas, and he might be able to help us out,"

"That'll definitely get Rikkard's attention," I groaned. I didn't want to see him again after talking to Rikkard on the video call that day. Whenever I interacted with him, he managed to get on my nerves. That day, I disliked how he talked down to Myra. The only reason I didn't throw my fists that day was because it was a virtual call. I'd have taken him to hell for disrespecting my mate if it were a physical meeting. I doubted if I'd be able to keep it civil if I saw him the next time, and he opened that cursed mouth of his.

"We cannot avoid Rikkard," Mateo sighed, "But we'll find a way to deal with him—one thing at a time. I'll be on the call with the Kersas Councillor soon. Start preparing for the journey. I intend to leave tonight,"

I grunted and left the office to call our private pilots and the other aviation crew to prepare for our flight tonight. I checked the patrolling duties, made some changes, and attended to other pack matters.

After dealing with everything, I went to the library to see Myra. I had been craving for her so fucking much, but the back-breaking work was keeping me from her. Somedays, I dreamt of just disappearing with her in the woods with my brother and staying in a cabin without a care in the world, enjoying my mate to the full extent, but alas, everything was so chaotic.

It didn't help that we hadn't completed our mating bond yet. My brother and I were desperate to mark Myra and complete the bond ultimately, but her wolf was still taking time to go into heat. It was important for her wolf to go into heat for us to mark her, or else her wolf and body might reject the marks. More patience was required in this situation, but that was the very thing I lacked the most.

I opened the library door and stepped inside to find Myra's computer cramped there. She had them all laid on the floor where she was currently sitting. She was too consumed in her work to have noticed my presence. I snuck behind her silently and bent behind her. She let out a yelp as soon as she noticed my presence, making me chuckle.