57.

HUNTER

"Morgan blew up her house and lost an arm while trying to run from you brothers. Because Morgan is me. I'm Morgan!" Myra roared. Her words tectonically shocked me. I was baffled more by the fact that I had always been right with my guesses. That Myra was, in fact, Morgan.

It had been a wild guess on my part, and it made it more astonishing for it to be true. A thick carpet of silence stretched in the room, and a buzzing tensing sparked in the air.

Myra was Morgan.

I couldn't believe that we had been looking after none other than Morgan herself all this time. That I had been taking care of Morgan, kissing her, holding her, feeding her and eating her pussy whenever she begged me for it. Morgan was our mate. Myra had been the one tormenting us for so many years by creating trouble for us. Her strongest motive had been her father's death all along. All this revelation felt like one of the gods had let us know some of the universe's deepest secrets.

"Morgan," Mateo breathed, his body tensed. He never believed in my claims, even though they were based on guesses rather than evidence. He looked more shocked. "You are..." He trailed off, speechless.

In response, Myra smiled evilly. My sweet, evil mate. Our mate. It had been her all along. She had been stringing us all this time; she had been playing with us, fucking up our systems, hacking into our systems and doing all sorts of things. She was the best at what she did, and there was no doubt in that but to know that it had been our mate all along. A mate that we had wished for so long.

But...

"You made the explosion happen?" I asked. A dark look dawned upon her face, and that was an answer in itself. All this time, we had been looking for the culprit, someone to blame, to punish, to take out all our anguish stored from the time when Myra was in a coma and having all those serious medical procedures done. It was torture seeing her broken, cut open and scarred body, not knowing if she'd ever wake up or not.

She had been the one behind it all this time.

"Why?" Mateo growled. "Why did you put yourself in such danger, Myra?" He demanded, his voice laced with fury and another intense emotion. "Did I disappoint you so much that you had to take such an extreme step?"

I realised that other emotion was self-hatred. Of course, he was blaming himself for this.

Immediately, Myra's face softened.

"The explosion wasn't to hurt anyone," She replied firmly, "I wanted to burn my house down because I knew Hunter had somehow tracked my phone number. But you two came down at the most inconvenient moment, and the explosion didn't happen when it was supposed to happen. I panicked, went to look at it, and got caught in the fire," She explained.

"And you ended up losing an arm! You could've gotten yourself killed! We could've lost you!" It was now Mateo's turn to roar in anger.

"Mateo," I snapped before he could take it farther. Myra blinked her eyes fast, fighting her tears. I slipped beside her and pulled her in my arms. She buried her face in my chest immediately and sniffed.

"I'm sorry," Mateo grumbled, but he was still rage-filled. "I shouldn't have let you go that night. I should've kept you with me. It'd have saved us a lot of trouble. I should've listened to my wolf because he never wanted you to go. I let you go because I didn't want to keep you with me against your wishes," Mateo growled, rubbing his face in frustration, but that look of self-loathing remained. I knew he was shouldering the blame even though there was no fucking way anyone could've predicted this.

"I got blinded by vengeance," Myra sniffed against my chest. "All I had asked for was a mate, and when I saw you, I lost it. All I saw was that I got my father's murderer as my mate," She quivered in my arms as she broke down into tears.

"It's okay, Myra," I tried to calm her. "Everyone makes mistakes in life, and you didn't know the full truth," If anything, my words made her cry harder. Mateo sent me another of his murderous glares because, of course. I had been the one to start this shit show by telling her about all this crap in the first place.

But now things were out in the open. We knew what was up, and that eased me because, for the past few weeks, it felt like we were in limbo, having no fucking clue about what we were supposed to do and where we were supposed to look. But now, we had the answers. Not all of them yet, but some of the important ones.

"I fucked up," She sniffed. "I fucked it all up, and the arm was a lesson,"

"Myra," I whispered, looking back at her red face and tear-stained cheeks. She didn't want to look me in the eyes as I kissed her gently to lull her. "It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself," I told her. "I'm sorry about your arm, but you have a better new one! You can now easily break anyone's nose!" I suggested humorously.

"Yeah, and you should start with Hunter first," Mateo suggested, and Myra almost choked on her spit. I rolled my eyes at Mateo. He was pissed at me, and before Myra could, he was the one who'd give me a broken nose.

"I'll start with whoever gets on my nerves first," Myra sniffed. "But now, we have to go,"

I bristled and exchanged a look with Mateo.

"Go where?" Mateo and I asked at the same time. She pulled back from my embrace and went to the screens again. However, before touching them, she glanced at Mateo.

"I store my private servers in a location no one knows about," She explained. "We need to get there before the imposter can locate them. They've managed to hack into it. It's only a matter of time before they find out its location,"

"What exactly is in those servers except for all the dirt you've gathered on us for all these years?" Mateo asked. Even though Myra still had tears streaming down her face, she laughed.

"I have shit on all the packs, including the ones on the other end of the continent. I know the shit they're up to, and it's nothing the treaty allows. If the Drakkons got to know about it, they wouldn't waste a second to descend from the Arctic circle," She replied, wiping her tears and looking like she meant business. "Now, can I please access the computers? I need to locate the servers for you to find," She requested, batting her eyelids at Mateo, who was still feral with age. "We need to go to them today,"

"I'll let you touch my computer, and in return, you'll spill all your guts, Myra," Mateo demanded. Myra pouted. I pointed her a look that let her know I was on my brother's side.

"Fine," She hissed annoyingly.

~

What do you think so far? Please comment and let me know. The second part of the story is finally starting, and I'm excited for that. We're about to meet more interesting characters. So stay tuned!

Read up to chapter 92 on Patreon. The link is in my bio. Also, I have an alt version of Her Alpha Mates exclusively going on there. It's basically with the same characters but different story. Do give it a try :D

Thanks for reading <3