68.

MYRA

"We need to find my other servers," I told the brothers, still thinking about the code and what it could mean.

"And where are they?" Mateo asked.

"On the other side of the country," I told them. "Bell Town, more specifically," I secretly hoped they were untouched. I was left with those servers, and I needed them to scrape whatever was left now.

"We need to drive back to the pack first and then fly to Bell Town," Hunter said.

"Can't we fly there from here?" I asked. "We don't have much time. I need to decipher the code and safeguard my other servers, not that there's much in them but they might help me locate the stolen servers in some way," I told them, my mind was on overdrive, thinking of all the ways I could find out who did this.

"Regardless, we'd need to return to our pack first," Mateo said.

"Why?" I frowned. "That would delay us," The brothers exchanged a look again, and Hunter chuckled.

"Remember you froze our offshore accounts and reported us to the Revenue and Customs authority for money laundering? Well, we're being investigated for that, and we need to be physically there too while the trial takes place,"

I groaned at that. Everything I had done to get to the brothers had only backfired for me. I wonder if it was the moon goddess again punishing me for trying to reject and run away from the brothers in the first place.

Mateo grew tense at Hunter's words. I noticed a quick look exchange between the two. Mateo looked like he would tell his brother off, and Hunter rolled his eyes.

"Whatever I've done so far is backfiring at me," I muttered, "Literally," I added, scratching my cybernetic arm as if it were real.

"That should've taught you something so far," He snorted and received a sharp look from Mateo.

"I can pull some strings to shift the trial dates, but I'm not sure how that'll look for our case," Mateo frowned, but I'll try. I could tell that he was trying his best not to make it seem like I was the one responsible for this mess when in fact, I was the sole person who created this shitstorm.

"I'm sorry," I couldn't help but blurt out because it felt like the more I'd kept it inside me, the more I'd drown in self-loathe. I already hated myself enough for doing stupid shit. Now, I was made to feel even more stupid due to the consequences. I should've died at the explosion.

Mateo shook his head disapprovingly.

"We're not holding it against you, Myra," He spoke, "You did all that before being aware of the truth. Yes, it's a headache, but it's all that it is. Nothing more," Mateo tried his best to assure me. I half cried, and half laughed at that.

"That means I'm not as good as a hacker," I cackled, a tear running down my cheek. Gosh, I felt like such a mess, but Hunter wrapped his arms around me securely.

"That's not what I meant," Mateo clarified immediately, "It wasn't a jab at your skills, Myra. You're really the best. Whatever you've gathered about the Drakkons, Weddards, and the Snow Court says everything. What I meant is that this thing isn't a permanent damage of sorts. Although, I don't undermine your capabilities of having done far worse than this,"

"That's an odd compliment, but thank you," I sniffed, half giggling in Hunter's arms, feeling like I was on the verge of losing my sanity.

"I did it mostly to slow you two down," I spoke, sighing deeply at the realisation, "And it seems to be doing its job well at that,"

"It's alright, baby girl," Mateo assured me, moving closer and planting a kiss on my forehead, "We're going to figure this out together,"

"He's right," Hunter said.

"I can go there alone," I suggested immediately, "It'd be quick and—"

"Absolutely not!"

"Fuck no!" Both the brothers shot at the same time, shaking me a bit.

"We're not leaving you alone anymore, Myra," Hunter told me fiercely. "We're going to go there together. You never know what might be waiting for you there after this incident,"

"I'll pull all my strings to see if I can reschedule the trial dates, but there's no way I'm letting you go there alone," Mateo scowled.

"We don't have much time," I reminded them. "I don't have any clue who might've had my servers and what fucked up things they could be doing with it, and I cannot stay sane knowing this,"

"Alright then," Mateo breathed, "We're leaving now. I'll see what I could make my lawyers do, and Hunter, prepare for the trip immediately,"

"Right away," Hunter spoke, and Mateo was already on his phone, calling someone while he slipped out of the suite with a grim look. I sighed deeply, missing him already, but I had enough alone time with him in the morning. It was now time with Hunter.

"My pussy cat," Hunter whispered in my ear as if reading my thoughts. I hummed, content to be in his arms and feeling the bond easily flowing between us without a barrier. It'd be even smoother once we'd marked each other. "Could you be any more mischievous?"

"Do you want me to?" I asked, grinding against the bump in his pants that was definitely his knot. He groaned in response, his hand slipping under my sweater to gently cup my breast, which felt somewhat sensitive and heavy from last night's ministrations. It instantly incited my pussy to pulse with need, making me yearn for him.

He chuckled at my question.

"Does it matter if I want or not? You're my pussy cat for a reason. You have a mind of your own, and you like to follow it unapologetically," He said, gently squeezing my breast and making me squirm a little.

"You don't mind that?" I asked because lately, following my mind hadn't let me to many great things.

"It makes me want you more," He told me instead. His voice was reverent. "You're so fierce. You're the fire in the winter of our lives. We love that... we needed that so badly," He whispered in my ear as his hand abandoned my breast and slipped into my pants before parting my legs. I moaned and opened up for him easily. "Such a good girl," He whispered immediately, making me crave for him even more. I whimpered, grinding harder against his bulge.

His fingers skimmed over my folds but not in a pleasure-giving way. It was more of an examining touch, and I hated it. I wanted more. He caressed my inner thigh gently while his hot breath tickled my ear.

"Please," I whispered.

"Not now, but later when you're less sore. We've got to pack for another long journey," He promised darkly, and I was already looking forward to it, encouraging my wolf to heal me faster.

~

What do you think about the story so far? Please comment. Follow me and share this story with your friends if you're enjoying it so far. 

Read the next 40 chapters on Patreon. Also on Patreon: Exclusive bonus scenes for Her Alpha Mates, Alt story of Her Alpha Mates, A Pet for the Dragons (sequel to this book) and many more interesting and exclusive reads. The Patreon link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3