22.

MYRA

"Hi, Myra," An unknown voice answered, making my wolf stir again. I didn't know what was about that voice, but it made my pussy clench hard, forcing me to have the denied orgasm.

I swallowed the moan threatening to escape my lips while my whole body shook with the orgasm, making me forget about everything. It took me a couple of seconds to return to the present and remember that someone on the phone was waiting for my response.

"Hello?" I croaked, not liking how I sounded out of breath, "Who is this?" It took me an effort to ask that. In response, I heard the most melodious chuckle that kindled the throbbing between my legs. It was the sexiest voice I had ever heard. I didn't know why, but I was somehow fascinated with the voice.

"That's not important," He replied, and I frowned. I wanted to know who that voice belonged to and why it was making me feel this way. "But last night you left something at the hotel,"

I sucked in a breath, already imagining who could be on the other side of the line.

"Oh, did I?" I asked, opening my laptop and checking the ID of the caller.

Hunter King.

Great. But how did he get my number? And most importantly, how did he call me on this number? I usually had the blockers active to divert unwanted calls and ensure that no one could track my location through the number.

"Yes, and I was wondering if you could come back to fetch it," He offered, "Or it could be delivered to your address,"

Immediately, I knew what it was all about, but the laugh died in my throat when I checked my blockers. They weren't active.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

That meant my number wasn't protected and could be tracked to this location! Fuck! How did I fuck up so fucking bad! Usually, I always ensured that the littlest details like these were taken care of, but how did I forget about this?

"Er... no, thanks. I don't need it—" I tried to dismiss. I was a mess, unsure what to do. I was caught unprepared in that situation, and the sexual haze from that intense orgasm slowed down my brain to a great extent.

"Are you sure, Myra?" Hunter King asked, something dark and suggestive in his voice. "It's important,"

"Look, I don't want to do anything with him!" I shot, triggered. I wouldn't say I liked his teasing voice and all the things it was doing to me. I tried to think of something, but my mind was a mess. The throbbing between my legs wasn't helping me at all. It was torturous.

"We could discuss that properly if you—"

"I said I'm not interested in your brother," I hissed. A tense silence followed on the other side of the line, making me anxious. I put on the blockers to conceal my location, but something told me it was already too late.

"How did you know I'm Mateo's brother?" He asked me after that tense pause. I wanted to disconnect the call and already be done with it. At the back of my head, the clock had started ticking. It was only a matter of time for them to find my location.

I was in a race against time and needed to act fast. Getting caught wasn't an option; if I got caught, it wouldn't end well. Despite knowing this, I still couldn't disconnect the call. I wanted to hear Hunter talk and see what he had to offer. I liked his voice... a bit too much for my liking.

"It doesn't take a genius," I snapped, "I don't want to do anything with your brother. I hate him. He ruined my date with Fidel,"

"He's sorry for that, and he wants to meet you to make it up to you," Hunter assured me, but I knew what this was all about.

"I don't care," I snapped, annoyed with every passing second. Suddenly, my wolf had started pacing inside me again, interested in the conversation. This added to my frustration. She had mourned all night, and now, she wanted to meet him. I'd never allow that, no matter what.

"Look, I know my brother isn't all sunshine and roses. He's domineering, but I assure you, he'll be nice once you give him a chance," Hunter sounded sincere with that, and it almost made me want to say yes. No, it was my wolf who wanted to say yes, but I pushed her back and rightfully so. I wouldn't let her out anytime soon, no matter what.

"Still not interested. I hate him," I answered, checking other security measures on my laptop. I was still bummed on how I had made such a small yet dangerous mistake. It could completely ruin all my years of work.

"You just met him last night. What made you hate him? I'm sure it just wasn't a ruined date," He pondered out loud. I had to give it to Hunter— he was observant, and it pleased me deeply for some reason.

What the fuck was wrong with me?

"You're right. It's just more than a ruined date," I gritted, trying to swallow down the dark memories that started to appear out of nowhere. These two brothers triggered me in every way possible.

"Then what is it about?" Hunter asked, his voice cautious.

"Oh, it's more than that," I muttered, clutching the phone and glaring at the screen before me. "It's old and personal,"

I was so lost in my destructive thoughts that it took me a couple of minutes to realise that the call had disconnected and Hunter wasn't on the other side anymore. I gritted my teeth, feeling the destructive rage take over me. I wanted to destroy Mateo. I wanted to see the brothers suffer. Whatever I did didn't feel enough. There needed to be more damage.

Irreversible damage.

~

Comment your thoughts on the story so far. If you like my book then please share it with your friends. Follow me and add this book to your library to stay updated.

Read daily updates on Patreon. The link is in my bio

thanks for reading <3