8.

MYRA

I laughed, staring at the scene. A familiar pair of grey eyes with a Kent Clark face stared back. Under his picture, all the information on him was listed.

Name: Fidel Blackstone

Date of Birth: 12 January, 1991

Place of Origin: Green Bay

Member of: The Nightfall Pack

Rank: Second in command to Mateo King

The last line made me laugh harder. It seemed like I had spent the whole day flirting with no one other than the right-hand man of my enemy. It couldn't get more satirical than this, but sometimes I liked life's sense of humour.

I scrolled through the rest of the data about him, which included everything about him. The more I read, the more I laughed.

They thought they were going to find me before I could know that they were here, but one of their men gave it all away. My stomach was starting to ache from laughing harder.

I knew something felt off about him when he kept asking about the packs here and trying to learn more about the wolves. Also, the fact that he was from the north. It worked out for me to go out with him and feed him somewhat useless information.

Now, I knew what he was here for, and even though this should've set my guard high, I was looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow. I wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste. I wanted to keep feeding him the wrong info and see what they did with that.

Things just got more interesting. I closed Fidel's files and looked at the other data I found on the Alpha brothers. I hacked into the airport server and knew when they had landed in the city and even managed to find which hotel they were staying at.

From the looks of it, the trip seemed to have been abruptly planned right after Jeremy's death. However, this made it clear that they were looking for me. And this time, they were serious.

This should've scared me. This could have scared anyone else but not me. Instead, it oddly excited me. My mind was already filled with all the ideas of all the ways I could mess with them. That'd be a lot of fun.

I knew that they must have found out about the city from Jeremy since he had been on my tail for a while but yet hadn't managed to find out about me as much. This was good.

Here I was, almost getting bored of life, but now, I had something to look forward to, and that was to mess with the brothers.

I checked more details to see how long they planned to stay here and what they were doing. I had hacked into that hotel's security base several times, so it was easy for me this time as well. It was one of the posh hotels in the city, seemingly very guarded and often high profile people stayed there. These factors made it my favourite place to hack into and access the cameras to see what was happening there.

I checked the details to see on which floor and room they were staying. This couldn't have been easier for me. I checked the footage and found one of the brothers walking down the hallway.

I zoomed into the footage to figure out which one of the brothers was it. It turned out to be Mateo—the Eldest. I couldn't make out much in the grimy security video, but he looked tense.

I didn't know why, but as soon as I saw him on the screen, something shifted inside me. I watched him walking towards a lift. There was just something about the way he moved that made me focus more on him.

I knew what the brothers looked like. I had seen their pictures several times here and there, but this was the first time I saw a video of one of them. There was no doubt that he was a powerful wolf. There was no denying that by the way he moved. There was this aura about him that could be felt through the screen.

Again, this should've set off all my alarms, but instead of that, it fuelled my thirst to mess with them. I wanted to mess them up pretty badly.

I watched Mateo get on the lift and go down two floors before disappearing into a room. I groaned, wishing there were cameras in the room too. I could hack their phones. I did it several times in the past, but for the sake of maintaining the thrill for me, I decided against it.

After all, where would be the fun if I already knew all the cards my enemies had been dealt with? I was merely choosing to play fair with the brothers. For now. As long as I could have as much fun with them as possible. I'd get rid of them as soon as this was all over.

It was as simple as that. But the idea of getting rid of them almost made me sad. If I permanently got rid of them, there wouldn't be any fun left for me. I pouted. Now, this was a great dilemma, but for the time being, I would focus on having fun.

I could always figure out something on the way.

I watched the camera footage for a while and saw the other brother— Hunter, enter the hotel. Again, something stirred inside me as I stared at him on the screen. I couldn't figure out what it was about the brothers that provoked something profound and primitive inside my being.

Maybe it was merely my wolf's reaction to seeing a strong wolf. Even though I didn't belong to any pack, my wolf was somewhat receptive to the pack hierarchy. Not that she liked to be part of it. It was the opposite.

The two of us hated having any authority over us. I'd die than have an Alpha make decisions about my life. I liked to be free and independent. It was one of the reasons why I avoided pack life like a plague. The pack life always made a person subservient and minimised their potential to fit in a useless hierarchy that'd eventually crumble one day.

I could either wait for that to happen, or I could make it happen. Of course, I chose the latter.

~

What do you think so far? Comment and let me know :D

follow me and add this book to your library for regular updates.

read the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

thanks for reading <3