59.

MATEO

I wasn't happy taking Myra with us, but at the same time, she was right— it'd be hard for us to stay apart, especially because of our wolves. We weren't wholly bonded yet to feel secure being away for more than a day. It'd be the most torturous couple of days for us if we were to go without her.

Hunter was also wary about her condition but was somewhat pleased to know that she'd be present with us. It wasn't what I wanted, but this was what we needed to do to keep the bond satisfied.

With each day that passed, I craved more and more for her to the point that it hurt. Each day, my knot threatened to burst, unhappy for not being buried deep in her cunt, rutting again and again until my balls were empty and my seed flooded her womb. The mate bond urged me every day to mark her, to sink my teeth into her flesh and forever bind her soul to mine. I knew Hunter felt the same urgency but hadn't had the same troubled relationship with her from the start.

I glanced at Myra sitting in the backseat of our car while Hunter and I sat in front. Hunter was the one who drove so I could check updates from the Drakkon's side. So far, they hadn't acted on anything yet.

"What is in those servers?" I asked Myra, wanting to know more. "How much did you keep there?"

"Everything," She replied.

"Do you have more servers elsewhere?" I asked. Hunter was listening intently to us.

"Yes, but I stored my most important things on this one... especially everything regarding you two," She returned with a suggestive tone. I narrowed my eyes at her in the rearview mirror.

"I want details, Myra," I demanded. She pouted, but she knew she didn't have any other choice but to tell us everything... or else I was going to tease it out of her by playing with her cunt and denying her a release until she told me everything. A part of me wished she'd do that so I could play out the whole scenario with her, to have her begging me. It made my cock twitch in my pants.

"Where shall I start?" She purred teasingly, and I felt Hunter grow tense beside me. I wish I were sitting with her so I could touch her, to teach her that playing with us wasn't going to get her anything but our knots... and she'd have accepted that. I fought a groan. I needed to think straight.

"You promised to tell us, Myra," I pressed, "You can imagine what happens if it's anything sensitive and the Drakkons got their hands on it,"

A pensive silence followed my question.

"I didn't have anything that'd make the Drakkons suspicious of you two, but... you know those packs on the edge of the land? The ones under the control of that Mad Alpha? His stuff scares me," she said, her voice wavering.

"Are you talking about Rikkard of the Snow Court?" I asked, nervous about her answer.

"Yes, that one," She sighed deeply, "I have much information on him. Working on him occupied most of my time,"

"What has he been up to?" I asked, not feeling optimistic about the answer to the question. "No one has heard from him or his wolves for a long time,"

"That's because he's busy raising a naval fleet so he could cross the frozen waters and enter the Arctic," Myra hissed.

"Why the fuck would he want to do that?" Hunter asked, horrified. I felt somewhat the same. Rikkard had always been the most unpredictable Alpha, making it hard to have any pact with him. It was one of the reasons why he wasn't invited to the Alpha's meet held every year in the deserts of Klos. We forged pack ties there to stay strong and relevant in geopolitical affairs. That madman was banned from Klos after he killed three Alphas the first time he was invited.

"He has to live up to his name," I said.

"It might come as a shock to you two that he isn't as mad as people think him to be," Myra spoke, "At least that's what I realised after keeping an eye on him for years,"

"Who the fuck in their right mind would want to cross the frozen waters and enter the Arctic? It's the land of the Drakkons!" Hunter questioned, echoing my thoughts. Whatever Rikkard was up to, it was extremely stupid and dangerous. Not only was he putting his pack in danger, he was dragging every one of us into a war we didn't want to fight.

However, Myra laughed at our questions as if we were the foolish ones. Again, I should've sat beside her. That'd have eased the tension in my body.

"If I were to tell you, you'd drop everything immediately and start raising a Naval fleet yourself!" She shot.

"What is it?" I asked. "What's so fucking important that it's worth putting everyone in danger?"

"You want to know?" Myra asked, her voice dark and heavy all of a sudden.

"Tell us," I urged.

"Have you ever heard those old tales of the Madredard Drakkons?" She asked. "Those ancient creatures that used to wreak havoc,"

"You mean those mythical creatures?" Hunter asked.

"Oh no, they were not mythical. They were real," Myra replied, her tone dark and tense, "They existed in those ancient times along with the gods. The current Drakkons are the descendants of gods and those fierce creatures,"

"Who told you that?" I asked, intrigued, but at the same time, I wouldn't say I liked where this was going.

"The Witches of Weddard," She said.

"You're friends with all sorts of creatures," Hunter commented, and she chuckled.

"I know the Witches. They are strange women, but they're worth having on your side. Anyway, back to the Madredard Drakkons. They were all-powerful. So much so that they defeated gods as well. You know what made them powerful?" She asked.

"No," Hunter and I answered at the same time.

"You don't know, nor do the rest of the Alphas. But guess who knows?" She asked.

"Rickkard," I answered.

"And he knows where and how to get it,"

~

What do you think of Rikkard? Does he seem like an interesting character? Comment and let me know.

Read the next 30+ chapters on Patreon along with the exclusive alternative version of this story. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3