45.

surprise update!

MATEO

"You want to know?" She asked, something dark and dangerous swirling in her eyes. Even though I had her pinned against the wall with my body, and I could smell her arousal thick in the air, the rage in her eyes was lethal. Her body and tongue spoke different languages.

The same was the case with me, and it was because we had been staying apart for such a long time. The only thing we had shared so far was a kiss, which wasn't even a proper one. Our bodies were starving for each other and doing everything to force us to mate. It was frustrating, and I had been trying to deal with it for the past week.

However, nothing could have prepared me for the following words, "You killed my father, Mateo,"

I stilled. The silence in the room was deafening. Her words felt unreal for a minute, but then I kept repeating them in my head, churning them until they rang in my ears, and my whole body shook with the realisation. Something heavy settled in my chest.

The lethal look in Myra's eyes intensified. She looked hungry for my blood and my knot at the same time.

"Who was your father, Myra?" I asked her. I had killed a lot of enemies in the past. I needed to know who exactly it was. She blinked at me, her eyes glossy with unshed tears, but I could see her trying extra hard not to cry. While I waited for her to answer, I went through all the wolves' names, but none seemed to have any links to Myra.

I always knew my enemies' families. I'd have known Myra if that was the case.

"He used to work with your family," She spat, her body quivering with fury under me.

"Jovani Williams?" It was Hunter who spoke next. I was too consumed in my thoughts to have noticed him entering the office. "He was your father?" Hunter asked, stepping closer to us. I didn't let her go yet. I kept her pinned under me.

"Yes!" Myra hissed.

"How is that possible? He never had a mate and could not have a family," Hunter spoke. The same things were going through my head. I knew Jovani since I was a boy. He had worked for our family for a long time. I always thought he was a lone man without a mate or a family. What Myra was claiming was impossible. One couldn't have children without a mate unless they...

"I was adopted," she hissed, wriggling under me to be set free, but I didn't let her go yet. Hunter stood shocked as he looked between the two of us. "I was orphaned at birth, and he took me out of the system and gave me a proper life, but you took away the only person I had!" She screamed at my face and I finally let her go, unable to bear her words.

My heart was growing heavy in my chest, drowning deeper and deeper into guilt. I shouldn't have been feeling this because I killed Jovani for a reason. A big, serious reason.

"And do you know what Jovani did to us?" Hunter asked, a stern look on his face. "Jovani was the one who got our mother and unborn sister killed," Hunter growled, his eyes red with rage. It was rare to see him in that state. The loss of our mother had affected him the most and the longest. He spent years lost in sorrow. I was sure he still missed her now and then, spending hours at her grave. I was seventeen when our mother was killed, and he had been a mere boy.

Days after our mother's death, my father killed himself, forcing me to take over the pack. It had been one of the darkest moments of my life, and since then, I always craved Jovani's blood. After our parent's death, I spent the next five years searching for Jovani, and once I found him, I gave him the slowest and the most painful death. I remembered how he had begged for a swift death, but I had always laughed in his face.

I had never felt an ounce of guilt for killing him until now. I had good reason to kill Jovani, but... but...I ruined Myra's life.

"Wait," I spoke, taking a step back. The chaos brewing inside me was too much, and glancing at Myra and Hunter, I could tell they were consumed by the same, especially Hunter. "We need to talk this out," I stated. I needed to be the calm one no matter what. I had always been the one to take charge of such tense situations, but the storm inside me was a dangerous one.

"Fuck you two!" Myra screamed and stormed out of the room. I wanted to follow after her, but I stopped myself from doing so. I didn't trust myself enough in that situation. Instead, I turned my attention to Hunter.

His eyes were blazing red, his whole body tense. He was going through the motions again, and it had always been the worst for him.

"Hunter, we need to sort this out calmly," I told him.

"I'm not angry at her," He spoke, his voice deep. "It's not her fault that someone like Jovani adopted her, but..."

"I know," I assured him before he could complete the sentence. I could feel everything he was going through. "We need to tread with caution. We cannot distress her. It's not her fault," I told Hunter, but it was mostly for me because the thoughts racing through my head were dark.

"It's not your fault either," He pushed. "You killed Jovani because he ruined us," Hunter spoke, reading my mind. He had always been good at sensing my suppressed emotions. "You did what was necessary to be done,"

"I know," I muttered, still feeling a small amount of guilt.

"I'll go talk to her," Hunter offered.

"No, leave her alone for a while," I told him, glancing at the screen. She was back in her room, hiding under the covers. "We'll have a serious talk at the dinner,"

~

Shit's going down...

... but if you want to get to the threesome already, head over to Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3