83.

MYRA

It was starting to get darker when I stepped out with Hunter. The snow-covered pine trees stood so tall and proud around their house. I shivered as a chilly wind tickled my skin. I hated snow and anything cold, but as the sun disappeared behind the trees, its rogue rays would hit the snowy tree tops to make them appear studded with diamonds. It was beautiful to watch.

I took a moment to admire them. I had hardly stepped out of their house since they brought me here. Hunter had taken me for a walk once, and then there was another time when Mateo walked me to the hospital for a minor scan of my head. Apart from that, either I had been too exhausted or too busy with shit to step out and go somewhere. Not to mention, the landscape was still covered with snow. I hated snow.

But it looked beautiful today, and as I filled my lungs with some fresh air, the tightness I felt in my shoulder faded away. Yes, I had a lot to worry about, but at the moment, the evening breeze and the beautiful sunset were too precious to miss. It immediately improved the shitty mood I had been having for the past week.

I could tell Hunter felt the same because his face was covered with bliss as soon as we stepped outside. I followed him as he led me towards the woods at the back of the house before he started stripping.

I watched him peel his clothes off to reveal those beautiful tattoos all over his body. I had run my fingers over them so many times that they were now part of my memory. I couldn't take my eyes off his beautiful body. He was a work of art, and so was his brother.

When he was done stripping, he turned around and flashed me a wide smile. I tried not to stare at his cock and knot. The sight of them made me needly almost instantly.

"Let me take your clothes off, pussy cat," He whispered darkly, stepping closer to me. He removed my thick hoodie and captured my lips while undoing the front buttons of my blouse. He took his lips off me briefly to tug my blouse over my head before reaching for my bra. I shivered at how cold it was outside. Hunter continued to take my clothes. He pulled down my pant and panties all at once, making me step out of them.

When I was completely bare, I felt slightly self-conscious. I hadn't been naked in the open for a long time, and with my cybernetic arm, I felt even more awkward.

"It's going to be alright," Hunter assured me as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me against his naked body. I clung to him for warmth while he placed more kisses all over me, whispering sweet nothings between those kisses.

While he was kissing me, I heard snow crunching behind us. I gasped at the enormous black wolf that stepped out of the line of trees. My breath lodged into my throat.

It was Mateo. I knew it was him as soon as I looked into his enchanting golden eyes. He looked majestic as he sat by the edge of the woods, watching us, waiting. He was waiting for my wolf, which made me aware of my wolf's longing for her mates.

Seeing Mateo's wolf encouraged me to start preparing for the phasing. She wanted to be with her mates so severely. I had tried to suppress her so fucking much that it made me feel guilty now. I should've given her what she wanted long ago, but I would do it now. However, my wolf was anxious about it because of our arm.

"We're here for you," Hunter whispered to me, "Now, focus," He urged. I closed my eyes and rested my forehead against his shoulder while filling my lungs with deep breaths.

In and out. In and out. In and out. I kept on going, focusing on my wolf. I imagined her brown fur, fluffy tail, majestic snout, and silver eyes. It had been a while since I had let her out. My wolf slowly stirred awake, taking over me.

I groaned as the first wave of pain washed over me. Shifting after a long time was always harrowing. It felt like the first shift. Hunter continued to whisper sweet, encouraging words to me as I embraced the pain.

"You're doing great, pussy cat. Keep going. Show us your wolf. We've been waiting to meet her for so long. You can do it... yes, that's my girl. Mateo's wolf is watching you so intently. He can't wait to chaise your wolf, play with her and mate with her. You're his baby girl and my pussy cat. I know you can do this. We're so proud of you..."

The pain was unbearable by now, and I was crouching on the snow, heaving as more and more pain engulfed me. It was significantly more painful around my cybernetic arm. I whimpered in pain. A tear escaped my eye. Hunter wiped it away and continued with his encouraging words, crouching beside me.

When my bones finally started snapping and shifting, the pain rose so fucking much. I squeezed my eyes shut and focused on breathing as I felt my body morph into my wolf. With each passing second, I felt less and less in control of my body. It was a sign that my wolf was taking over as she continued to push me at the back of her head.

When I opened my eyes next, I was on all fours and panting with my tongue hanging out. Everything felt normal. The cybernetic arm had rearranged itself into my wolf's front leg. I tested it out for a moment and got used to it instantly. It must be because I was already used to the arm in my human form, and the chip in my brain had been busy calibrating my arm with my whole body all this time. Despite the pain, the transition had been relatively effortless.

A grey wolf stood before me, watching me intently with its similar golden eyes before it started circling me. The black wolf also stalked towards me and started sniffing and circling me, giving me a few rogue licks and nips here and there, making me shiver.

My wolf purred out loud as her mates continued to lick and preen her with utmost care and curiosity. She sniffed and licked them back. She took her time enjoying this special kind of attention that she was getting from them. She had never gotten this type of treatment before, and she loved it way too much.

It continued until my wolf seemed to have memorised their scent and tastes and vice versa. She finally rose from the snow and edged towards the woods, feeling slightly unsure because of the snow and the growing darkness.

Mateo took the lead, breaking into a run, and my wolf followed him instantly. Hunter remained behind me, nudging me and licking me whenever I stopped to look around. We ran along the territory boundary until my wolf memorised it. It was more like a warm-up for us... especially for me. After we were done running, we took a brief break by a frozen lake. Hunter's wolf got busy cleaning its paws while Mateo's wolf stretched. My wolf was very aware of the two, and once she got the opportunity, she dashed into the woods with a wolfish grin, knowing that her mates would follow her.

It was time for play.

~

Read the COMPLETE book on Patreon and the daily updates for the sequel — A PET FOR THE DRAGONS. Also available on Patreon – Her Alpha Mates alt story, bonus scenes and much more. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3